HCA, Hospital Corporation of America (RN) PRN Registered Nurse Pediatric Emergency Department , Sky Ridge Medical Center in Lone Tree, Colorado
Dedicated Pediatric Emergency Department . (RN) Registered Nurse . Sky Ridge Medical Center . Why Choose Sky Ridge?
• Rated # 1 in Safety by Consumer Reports • Certified chest pain center • Rapid Access sports injury program in ER • Fast-growing, acute-care facility with outstanding clinical outcomes • High quality focus • Serves an affluent population with high service expectations • Large population of young families with children • Hospital thriving in one of the fastest growing, most livable counties in the country
The Emergency Department RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include: * Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs. * Prioritizes patient care based on acuity level and available resources. * Carries out physician orders. * Assists physician during examination, treatment and procedures. * Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs. * Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care. * Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems. * Instructs and educates patients and families. * Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team. * Provides age and culturally appropriate care. * Orients and mentors new staff members. * Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required. * *L1-BL1
Required Job Qualifications include: * Current Colorado licensure as an RN * Registered Nurse with one experience in an ER * Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider and ACLS Certification through the AHA * ENCP required
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Title: (RN) PRN Registered Nurse Pediatric Emergency Department , Sky Ridge Medical Center
Location: Colorado-Lone Tree-Sky Ridge Medical Center
Requisition ID: 08936-54589