Amtrak Assistant Superintendent Operations - 90001635 - Long Island City in Long Island City, New York
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
This position is responsible for the day-to-day management of Sunnyside Yard functions and the management of the T&E crews within the New York Terminal.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
• Provide leadership, guidance direction and coordination of major functions such as yard operations, train make-up as well as interfacing with station operations and catering services to support the NEC New York Region.
• Providing reliable, safe, comfortable and on-time services to all customers, which supports revenue and expense goals.
• Supervising yard crews and train make-up in a safe and on-time manner.
• Manage the safety program for terminal operations, budgets and directing and overseeing operating practices associated with train movement within the terminal property.
• Manage the departmental budget, maintain required staffing levels.
• Interface with commuter and freight operating partners, building rapport and addressing concerns to ensure a fluid operation.
• Enforce and manage the rules and regulations for Amtrak policies and operating practices, initiate action for non-compliance and recommend appropriate action for resolution in a consistent and fair manner. (in accordance to proper collective bargaining agreements)
WORK EXPERIENCE :
•Demonstrated supervisory experience, leading and managing others with different levels of expertise, exhibiting innovative leadership and management skills.
• Proven experience in operational management and collaborative leadership.
• Strong background in Transportation and Operations.
• Knowledge of commuter operating agreements associated with the NY terminal.
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE :
• Prefer candidate with strong background in Transportation and Operations.
• Significant experience within the NY terminal and Sunnyside Yard is preferred, as well as experience with T&E crews and agreements.
• Strong communication knowledge and skills preferred.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS :
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES : Yes
Requisition ID: 24641
Posting Location(s): New York
Personnel Area: NY04
Job Family/Function: Transportation
Relocation Offered: Yes
Education Requirements: Bachelors Degree
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Employment Experience Requirements: 10 plus years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
POSTING NOTES: Transportation || No Additional