Citi Consumer Risk Strategy & Analytics in Long Island City, New York
Primary Location: United States,New York,Long Island City
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Risk Management
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 16063109
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
North America (NA) Consumer Banking: Over 30,000 professionals working together to provide consumers with credit card, retail banking, wealth management, small business, mortgage and commercial banking and payment products and services. Within North America Consumer Banking, there are three primary business areas, U.S. Consumer and Commercial Banking, Citi Cards, and the newly formed Global Enterprise Payments business.
Business segment in which this position falls: US Consumer & Commercial Banking (Retail Banking)
Retail Banking: Citibank delivers a wide array of banking, lending and investment services to individual consumers, as well as to small businesses. Our U.S. Branch Network is comprised of 1003 financial centers across 13 states complemented by 24-7 access to customer service through a network of fee-free ATMs, CitiPhone Banking®, Citibank Online and Citi Mobile. Citibank's products and services cover a wide range of customer banking needs including basic banking (checking and savings accounts, investment products), mortgages, small business, commercial banking, investment advisory services, and financial needs and analysis tools to enable Citibank to bring tailored solutions to every customer.
Consumer Lending: Citibank North America's Consumer Lending business provides secured and unsecured loans and lines of credit to meet the borrowing needs of its retail banking customers experience across life stages. This position resides inside the Retail Bank Risk Management team with the main responsibilities of leading strategy development and analytical efforts for risk management of our lending portfolios. Cutting edge analysis forms the foundation of risk management in Citi and spans various aspects - acquisition strategies, customer targeting, lifecycle profitability, economic and risk capital requirements and returns, bureau and vendor data leveraging to create superior value in segmentation and many others. We offer an intense and exciting work environment with hands-on training and mentoring from first-class risk professionals.
• Provide leadership to drive strategy changes, initiatives and decision-making for acquisitions in lending portfolios, through analytics, scorecard strategy development and implementation.
• Drive analytics to enhance understanding of customer relationship data across Citi to drive product strategies.
• Risk scorecard understanding and analysis including; cut-off analysis, score-based portfolio segmentation, profitability analysis and the monitoring of scorecards.
• Communicate initiatives and results to senior risk and business managers.
• Coordinate monthly deliverables across Consumer and Commercial Lending departments in forms of presentations and MIS.
• Provide end-to-end support, from analytical assessment to policy development and finally implementation. Work closely with functional counterparts, to evaluate strategies and to implement policy/programs which will enhances the credit sales process while ensuring adequate portfolio quality and profitability.
NOTE The information listed within this description summary is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive account of all the responsibilities, and/or minimum qualifications required of an employee assigned to this position.
No Relocation Available.
• Bachelors Degree required, preferably in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics or economics (Masters preferred). Candidate should have a strong programming background and be highly analytical. 4+ years of hands-on SAS/SQL coding experience required. Highly organized, self-learner able to work in a fast paced environment with limited supervision and have the ability to manage multiple projects.
• Solid system utilization skills including spreadsheet and mainframe programs.
• Strong ability to interpret analytic results and present/summarize for management review.
• Experience in retail bank lending will be a plus.
• Ability to work cross functionally to coordinate various monthly deliverables
• Strong PowerPoint, MIS skills, and project management skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills essential to communicating results.