Citi Email Marketing Channel Operations in Long Island City, New York
Primary Location: United States,New York,Long Island City
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Marketing
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 16043027
Branded Cards North America (N.A.) is the market leader in the credit card industry. With a pre-eminent global brand and distribution, Branded Cards N.A. maintains its leadership position by delivers industry-leading products, advanced services and payment systems that address clients’ evolving needs.
Integral to Citi Cards’ success is the introduction of innovative products and solutions through strong partnerships and dedicated employees who are committed to excellence. Attracting market-leading talent is a priority at Citi Cards N.A., and the combination of financial strength and broad product scope provides rewarding opportunities for outstanding professionals to excel in a dynamic organization.
The Program Management Analyst Email Channel Lead oversees a team of 6 in executing all email marketing communications to Citi Brand/Co-Brand credit card customers. This is an extremely busy and highly visible role within the Cards marketing operations organization. We’re seeking an email SME with an appetite for innovation and an understanding of Brand.
• Email SME – technical implementation expertise including but not limited to coding options, ESP platforms and tools as well as design, auditing and testing best practices, etc. Ability to oversee team in solution builds for ongoing and/or multi-phased, complex and segmented programs (large volume).
• Strong Leader and Partner – as an execution team we support other parts of the business, which calls for a servicing philosophy balanced by negotiating and influencing skills to ensure the channel / team is operating optimally and adhering to Control and channel best practices.
• Innovation Seeker – while keeping the ever-flowing campaign pipeline moving smoothly and error-free, another key deliverable of this role is identifying and piloting innovative email solutions such as carousels, dynamic content, etc. as well as collaborating with up- and downstream partners to streamline or automate production for efficiency gains.
• Brand – setting and maintaining email design and template standards with the appreciation that every email opened is a brand touch.
• Lead team in managing monthly prioritization and capacity planning
• Ensure all Compliance and Control processes are adhered to; oversee remediation of gaps identified in internal audits
• Triage / troubleshoot adhoc communications (national disasters, economic crises, market opportunities)
• Report monthly channel metrics – ensure metrics team is identifying areas of opportunity or concern
• 7+ years email marketing experience at ESPs and/or client side email channel delivery overseeing complex programs (segmentation, VMs, test designs, etc.)
• 3+ years leading a team with ability to inspire and develop talent
• Motivated self-starter with technological literacy and focus on quality assurance
• Strategic, critical thinker with intellectual curiosity to improve email performance
• Knowledge of email marketing trends, best practices in creating templates, dynamic content, testing methodologies, list segmentation, deliverability and CAN-SPAM laws
• Strong relationship management skills with ability to build / deepen partnerships to adhere to process standards, drive efficiencies and innovation, as appropriate
• Flexibility to switch priorities based on business needs in a fast paced environment
• Ability to successfully navigate uncertainty
• Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills
• Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree strongly prefer