Citi VP, Affiliate Marketing in Long Island City, New York
Primary Location: United States,New York,Long Island City
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Marketing
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 16062750
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The VP of Affiliate Marketing has end to end ownership of Citi Cards' External Affiliate Marketing acquisition program. This individual is responsible for managing acquisitions marketing campaigns through key external Credit Card aggregator sites in support of Citi Cards' new customer acquisition goals. The candidate must have the ability to foster and strengthen partnerships with cross-functional partners, including product, risk, decision management, CFO, reporting/analysis, infrastructure delivery teams and external agencies.
• Design, develop, and implement marketing campaigns to drive significant profitable account volume through the External Affiliate channel.
• Serve as primary liaison between affiliate agency (CJ Affiliate), publishers and internal clients, communicating effectively with all parties, to meet the team’s goals.
• Develop innovative strategies for enhancing program management effectiveness and support new initiatives with top publishers.
• Manage process for deploying campaigns as well as proactively suggest and implement process improvements.
• Identify new opportunities for further channel expansion, size potential impacts, and communicate recommendations to Management
• Support pre and post-live quality assurance reviews of each campaign. Participate in creative development and trafficking updates. Review QA logs and ensure appropriate archiving of all documentation.
• Maintain an understanding of industry and company legal, regulatory and compliance rules and regulations.
This position will have significant impact on overall Consumer business acquisition goals, as it represents a significant percentage of total digital account volume.
• 5 - 7 years of business experience, particularly in direct response, digital marketing
• Strong digital marketing experience driving prospect acquisition with a solid understanding of Affiliate Marketing, SEO, SEM, social, mobile, display and email.
• Experience with gathering and utilizing customer and competitive insights
• Ability to drive results cross-functionally in a matrix environment
• Strong analytical and Excel skills
• Experience with web/mobile analytics programs, i.e., Site Catalyst and A/B testing strategies and related programs.
• Strong negotiation/influencing skills
• Financial services industry experience a plus
Business Knowledge – Has a comprehensive understanding of the business, the organizational structure and key business challenges. Can create a platform with the other businesses that aligns with business operations and delivers a consistent brand experience.
• Project Management – Attention to detail & flawless execution of operations are critical to this job. A proven track record of successful project management is essential.
• Influencing Strengths – Experience leading in a matrix organization and motivating peer group and business unit leaders through strong advocacy for the holistic vision.
• Analytical Skills - Has strong competency in providing analytical insight for marketing initiatives, brand planning and tracking, and budgeting.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required. MBA with a marketing focus a plus