Ally Financial Senior Commercial Product Account Executive in Los Angeles, California
New Business Originations
Jul 16, 2016
The purpose of the position is to focus on providing equipment financing solutions to middle and large corporate users of equipment financingwithin the automotive/transportation-related industry. The target will be mid-market companies, corporations and municipalities seeking collateralized unit financing, primarily in the form of credit lines, for acquisition of transportation related needs. The following industries are the focal points of interest: Transport, Agricultural, Construction and Manufacturing.The position will be housed within the Southeast Region under the Sr. RVP's leadership with a National platform. Initially, a sales team of approximately 5-6 team members would be needed to adequately launch the Commercial Finance product line.
Location of the Role: Preference is Midwest initially.
* Job Responsibilities*
- Achieve the organization's sales volume and profitability objectives in order to maximize revenue opportunities.
- Sell collateralized unit financing, primarily in the form of credit lines, for acquisition of transportation-related needs.
- Drive territory growth and develop key end user relationships with the transport, agricultural, construction, and manufacturing industries.
- Analyze market trends, address lagging performance, monitor/maximize sales incentive plan, and track competitive information.
- Analyze commercial volume and provide appropriate feedback to Commercial Risk Management to ensure appropriate balance between risk and revenue.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of all of Ally's Commercial Finance products, plans and programs
- Maximize all avenues of revenue opportunity
- Achieve expected results and performance, and foster continuous improvement
- Build and strengthen rapport with dealer body and provide best in class dealer service
- Elevate risk issues to executive leadership; stay abreast of constant changes in policy and procedures
Education, Certifications & Years of Experience
Bachelor's degree in related field strongly preferred, MBA is ideal. 5 + years of experience in auto finance, commercial products, direct lending, fleet management sales,customer service and/or financial services industry are needed. At least 2 years leadership experience preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of equipment financing sales market
- Ability to conduct business-to-business deals to commercial automotive/transportation-related customers
- Grounded in sales and ability to work within a matrix
- Technical knowledge, project management, and ability to influence others
- Acquisition of broad technical expertise, business and industry knowledge, and process and people leadership capabilities
- Accountability for business, functional, or operational areas, processes, or programs
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Cognos
- Excellent sales skills and relationship building skills
- Leverage technical expertise and relationships to contribute to strategy and drive business results
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid-time-off program including time off for volunteer opportunities. Ally's Total Rewards Program is designed to enrich your life at work -- and outside of it and includes:
- Industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions
- Wellness program encouraging healthy living with financial rewards
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including parental and caregiver leave, adoption assistance, backup child and adult/elder day care program, child care discounts, tuition reimbursement, LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-5866
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: California (Los Angeles), Illinois (Chicago), Michigan (Detroit)