Citi Small Business Banker - West LA Area in Los Angeles, California
Primary Location: United States,California,Los Angeles
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Job Function: Relationship Management
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job ID: 16065898
Citibank delivers a wide array of banking, lending and investment services to individual consumers, as well as to small businesses. Our U.S. Branch Network is comprised of over 700 branches across 12 states complemented by 24-7 access to customer service through a network of fee-free ATMs, CitiPhone Banking®, Citibank Online and Citi Mobile. Citibank's products and services cover a wide range of client banking needs including basic banking (checking and savings accounts, investment products), mortgages, small business, commercial banking, investment advisory services, and financial needs and analysis tools to enable Citibank to bring tailored solutions to every client.
The Small Business Banker (SBB) is responsible for proactively sourcing, acquiring, expanding and retaining customer relationships by maximizing sales opportunities in an assigned territory. Ensure a world-class customer experience for all current and prospective customers.
· Achieve desired revenue, sales production, business scorecard and service scores.
· Develop and execute an integrated and comprehensive territory (2-5 branches) sales plan to achieve desired results. Emphasize acquisition of new to bank clients. Target industries to maximize high probability and high potential.
· Activate and energize territory partners to execute sales plan.
· Develop a Center of Influence (COI) network by engaging in business networking and community activities. SBB will actively represent Citibank in business community, generate business leads and close business opportunities. Through extensive involvement, create local community awareness that the bank is critically focused on partnering in the community and providing multi-product banking solutions to the small business community. Maintain frequent interaction with COIs, diverse industry segments, community leaders and senior business contacts.
· Proactively manage portfolio of assigned high value clients. Expand business banking customer relationships by identifying needs and maximizing opportunities. Ensure customer satisfaction and retention. Cross-sell and refer to other business segments.
· Source and provide credit solutions for prospects and clients. The SBB develops credit structure and full credit packages including the deal summary memo for total credit exposure greater than $250K. Credit certified in small business banking. Follow up on credit referrals >$250M from Branch Managers and Business Bankers. Work with Branch staff and customer on preparing proper credit structure and credit package.
· Deliver client satisfaction and relationship profitability. Be primary point of contact.
· Effectively leverage, coordinate and organize targeted marketing campaigns, events and new product launches to drive sales activities and fulfill customer needs across territory.
· Develop small business skills of assigned territory team, primarily Branch Managers, through execution of joint sales activities and ongoing training. Provide ongoing coaching to Branch staff and partners in assigned territory to effectively identify referral opportunities.
· Foster teamwork and small business knowledge in all assigned branches to ensure a positive customer experience. Be accountable to client service scores.
· Partner (Commercial Banking, Mortgage, CitiGold , PWM, etc.) to ensure ongoing and appropriate client communication to support maximization and satisfaction of client relationship.
· Provide Product Specialists with qualified referrals. Assist through closing.
· Strictly adhere to internal control policies such as the account opening and credit protocols of accurate collection, completion and updating of all required documentation.
· Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with all regulatory, legal and government regulations.
· Spend majority of time in the field, on sales appointments, generating leads to new opportunities and closing business.
Bachelor’s degree in business (preferred) or equivalent work experience.
· Minimum 5 years banking experience, preferably 3 in Business Banking
· Exceptional consulting skills; ability to probe, listen, clarify and present information to advance sales transactions, deepen relationships
· Strong analytic skills and ability to assimilate complex financial and company operating information
· Strong presentation skills
· Strong working knowledge of credit structuring and processing; must be credit trained preferred
· Highly effective communication and influence skills
· Customer oriented and responsive
· Superior organizational skills
· Excellent business development skills
This position requires the employee to register as a mortgage loan originator with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry ("Registry") and obtain a unique identifier from the Registry before engaging in mortgage loan originator activities, to maintain and renew that registration on an annual basis, to update registration information with the Registry on a timely basis, and to provide that unique identifier to consumers as required by applicable SAFE Act regulations and Citi policies and procedures.