HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Infection Control Coordinator (RN) in Macon, Georgia
Coliseum Northside is a 103-bed community hospital that specializes in orthopedics, spine care, bariatric surgery and gastric reflux disease. Coliseum Northside Hospital operates a full-service 24-hour emergency room with specialized pediatric care, has inpatient and outpatient surgery options, diagnostic services, and an orthopedic and spine center. Through our Georgia Bariatric Center, we provide the latest in weight loss surgery. We also offer outpatient services for sleep disorders, wound healing, as well as radiology and laboratory services. Our comprehensive outpatient rehabilitation center provides speech, occupational and physical therapy and has transportation services provided at no cost to our patients. We are looking for a new Infection Control Coordinator, responsible for the delivery of quality patient care by the prevention of hospital acquired infections, through staff and patient education, oversight of hospital practices as related to infection prevention and ongoing surveillance.
- Implements programs to protect healthcare workers, patients, visitors and others in the healthcare environment.
- Promotes compliance with regulations, guidelines and accreditation requirements.
- Evaluates quality of patient care and patient outcomes as they related to healthcare-associated infections and infection control/prevention. *DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: *
Disease Surveillance and Investigation in a timely manner
Data analysis, display and reporting
Infection Control Rounds to ensure infection prevention practices are in place and staff compliance
Prepare and Present Education Programs
Report to Department of Health
Employee Health / OSHA
Consultant for construction and renovation projects
Policy and Procedure Review
Medical Staff/Committee Responsibility:
Identifies infection trends.
- If a trend is identified during an investigation, the ICN will notify the Administrator, Medical director and Director of Quality Management.
- If any individual clinical staff noncompliance trend is identified, counseling will occur and periodic evaluation will be conducted until compliance is achieved. This information will then be forwarded to the Administrator, Nurse Manager, Medical Director and QI coordinator.
- Provides an annual infection control in-service for all staff, medical staff and DHPs.
- Ensures that all employees and physicians on staff adhere to the Infection Control Policies.
- Reports required information and data to applicable public health agencies, regarding communicable diseases, SSI and influenza vaccination as required by law.
- Reviews pathology specimens sent to lab during the month and ensures reports are reconciled.
- Reviews and monitors sterilization and High Level Disinfection (HLD) processes.
- Reviews and revises policies and procedures to ensure up to date information for infection prevention practice is available.
- Interacts with personnel to increase the effective application of infection control policies and recommendations.
- Conducts staff education regarding infection control and related performance improvement strategies.
- Promotes compliance with APIC, OSHA, and CDC standards related to infection control.
- Designs and conducts department surveillance monitoring.
- Monitors effective implementation of Universal/Standard precautions.
- Evaluates hand hygiene compliance through direct observation and submits a report to the Infection Control Committee on a quarterly basis.
- Compiles quarterly reports for Quality Improvement Committee, Medical Executive Committee, and Governing Body and as need for the Administrator.
- Reports patient and employee infections of epidemiologic significance and conducts surveillance as needed.
- Assures compliance with HCA’s Clinical Agenda and Risk Reduction Programs and other initiatives related to infection control.
Education:Associates degree required; Bachelors degree preferred.
Licensure/Certification:Registered Nurse in the state of Georgia. BLS - AHA Healthcare Provider. CIC certification preferred.
*Experience: *Two or more years of experience in an acute care setting required. Previous Infection Control experience preferred.
Title: Infection Control Coordinator (RN)
Location: Georgia-Macon-Coliseum Northside-Macon
Requisition ID: 08165-9088