CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP Payroll Analyst II in Mankato, Minnesota
We are seeking a Payroll Analyst II for our *Mankato, MN *office. The Payroll Analyst II is responsible for various aspects of the client’s payroll, including administration, distribution, and record-keeping. This position is responsible for providing accurate data in the preparation of the client's payroll and requires an individual who can work well in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
- Transaction Processing: Prepare employee deductions for personal changes. Write up changes for payroll regarding benefits. Review requested deferral amounts for the cafeteria plans prior to input into payroll. Gather information to be included in the processing of the payrolls. Process requests for payroll deductions, bonus payments and other miscellaneous deductions. Write up information regarding new hires, terminations, salary changes, department changes, or any other pertinent payroll information to be keyed into payroll software. Coordinate with individuals responsible for payroll information with regard to compensation, benefits, deductions and pro-rated deductions.
- Payroll Processing: Input and transit payroll. Some payrolls may be complex in nature and involve reviewing work of the Payroll Analyst I. Upon return of payroll from ADP, verify the information. Prepare check requests for payroll reimbursement, taxes due, child support payments, etc. Input monthly payroll journal entries. Set up of new deductions and accumulators as required. Prepare schedules for file. Update software with any tax rate changes and update G/L interface as needed.
- Reports: Prepare quarterly payroll reports as needed.
- Income Verifications: Complete mortgage and SUI verifications, if requested. Assist with verification and distribution of W-2s at year-end.
- Other:Other duties may include reviewing quarterly payroll tax returns and consulting on compensation and benefits questions from clients.
Required Experience & Education
- A minimum of five years payroll experience.
- Associates Degree strongly desired.
- Excel or other spreadsheet experience required.
- ADP Software experience preferred.
- Strong aptitude and solid analytical skills.
- Ability to perform tasks with attention to detail.
- Ability to present and write information in a clear and effective manner.
- Time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure while maintaining a professional, businesslike manner.
- Ability to work with confidential information.
- Good interpersonal skills - team player attitude.
Find out more and apply online at CLAconnect.com.
ABOUT THE FIRM
CliftonLarsonAllen LLC (CLA) is a professional services firm delivering integrated wealth advisory, outsourcing and public accounting capabilities to help enhance our clients’ enterprise value and assist them in growing and managing their related personal assets – all the way from startup to succession and beyond. Our professionals are immersed in the industries they serve and have specialized knowledge of their operating and regulatory environments. With nearly 4,000 people, 90 US locations and a global affiliation, we bring a wide array of solutions to help clients in all markets, foreign and domestic. Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.
We are deeply invested in the success of our professionals and provide innovative career-building opportunities. At CLA, we aim to positively impact the clients we serve, the people we employ, the profession we represent and the communities we call home.
CLA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition Number: 16-1175
Title: Payroll Analyst II