Mercy Health Payer Information Specialist in Mason, Ohio
Payer Information Specialist
Job ID: 4630660
Updated: August 18, 2016
Geographic Location: HomeOffice
Location: Mason, OH, United States
Department: Rev Cycle HO & Suppt Services
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40
The Payer Information Specialist will perform the following job duties:
- Subject matter experts on revenue cycle/claim payment rights per contract and regulatory provisions for payers (eg timelines, fees paid for records, etc.)
- Subject matter experts on all top payers (as identified).
- Maintains current information for top payers in payer data repository.
- Ensures revenue cycle has access to and current key information on all payers (matrix management).
- Assimilates and distributes payer information to revenue cycle leaders.
- Patrols payer websites, newsletters and related information to ensure current information is captured, reported and stored in payer information data repository.
- Liason regarding payer information to revenue cycle, managed care, and other locations.
Qualifications - Minimum
Education: High School diploma or GED required. Medical terminology, knowledge of insurance and reimbursement procedures preferred. Business courses such as medical terminology, accounting, finance, cash applications, typing, and word processing preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 1-2 years Business Office experience in a healthcare environment, required. Physician practice billing experience is required. Excellent phone etiquette and internal/external customer service skills, required. Must be able to type, to follow directions and complete assignments within given deadlines and to establish priorities. Strong knowledge of billing and reimbursement guidlines.
Specialized Knowledge/Skills: Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel preferred. Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and experience in the following technology solutions: patient accounting, optical imaging, scanning, data quality monitoring and internet-based insurance websites. Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and all other third party billing requirements, required. The ability to work with Leadership throughout the Mercy system. Flexibility, initiative, and ability to work independently are preferred.
Shift and Job Schedule
Full-Time, 40 hours/week
Days, start and end times may vary
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to abide by all Federal and State laws, as well as, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a), prohibiting discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibiting discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.