Macy's Macy's **Seasonal Holiday Retail Floor Merchandiser** INC Men's, Full Time: Tyson's Corner in McLean, Virginia
The Seasonal Vendor Paid Selling Floor Support associate is responsible for all functions related to assisting customer with product selection, merchandise and maintaining selling floor presentations and standard for a brand-specific vendor. They consistently exhibit friendly and helpful behaviors and assist customers in finding what they are looking for. The Vendor Paid Selling Floor Support associate should be a product expert for their vendor or brand while supporting customer-readiness standards by delivering a neat, clean and organized shopping environment including replenishment and placement of new merchandise. This associate demonstrates product and clearly articulates features and benefits to the customer. Performs other duties as assigned.
In order to present our customers with the best holiday shopping experience, many of our Seasonal Merchandise Handlers arrive prior to store opening and remain after closing to ensure we are ready to make Macy's magic. Seasonal associates will have the opportunity to work a flexible schedule on a temporary basis, which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and busy events such as the day after Thanksgiving and the day after Christmas. And don't forget - just in time for holiday shopping, you will receive an employee discount of up to 20% starting your first day!
- Provide an exceptional customer shopping experience by ensuring the customer is always the #1 priority
- Consistently exhibit friendly and helpful selling behaviors helping her to find what she is looking for
- Leverage product knowledge to increase sales by educating and assisting the customer in making the best choice
- Suggest additional merchandise to compliment customer selection
- Maintain and recover the sales floor, ensuring all sizes, colors and styles are available
- Ensure appropriate selling floor presentation, by promoting events and merchandise assortments
- Maintain communication with vendors and My Shop Managers to support driving sales, promos, and product knowledge
- Adhere to all safety and security policies and procedures
- Complete other customer-facing tasks as needed
- Not responsible for ringing on POS
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- No specific educational accomplishments are necessary.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Possess strong merchandising skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to customers, peers and all levels of management.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Able to use a calculator.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to reach and use hands and arms continuously.
- This position requires substantial bending, lifting, standing, and walking. Must be able to move and/or lift at least 30 lbs.
- Ability to collaborate and as a member of a team.
- Demonstrate an energetic and positive attitude, strong communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Possess vision and creativity.
Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
- This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal ** Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-McLean
Job: Receiving and Merchandising
Req ID: 71091705