PAE, Inc Heavy Equipment Operator in McMurdo Station, Antarctica
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Heavy Equipment Operator
GENERAL DUTIES (not all inclusive):
• Is responsible for the safe and technically proficient operation of heavy equipment such as bulldozers, loaders, graders, snow blasters, traverse equipment, snow moving and grooming equipment.
• Operates heavy equipment as required, including the following activities: Grading, fill dirt collection, and snow removal Traverse and equipment recovery operations Runway construction and maintenance Off-loading vessels and vehicles.
• Lubricates, checks fluids, and performs safety inspection and minor maintenance as required prior to operation of any equipment.
• Arranges equipment maintenance according to manufacturer recommendations or as directed by the Vehicle Maintenance Facility and Supervisor, Fleet Operations.
• Tracks equipment hours and notifies fleet operations office foreman or cleric of impending maintenance requirements.
• Performs duties in support of Operations Division metrics (as provided by supervisor).
• Supports the achievement of ASC metrics, whether metrics are directly or indirectly affected by this position’s work activities.
• Complies with all ASC Environmental Health & Safety and Quality Assurance requirements and goals.
• Provides documentation to these divisions as necessary to ensure adequate legal documentation.
• Works to achieve ASC goals and contractual commitments.
• Performs physical activities including heavy lifting, climbing in and out of heavy equipment, crawling, and working outdoors.
• Snow shoveling required due to location of position.
• Implements and maintains a safe workplace program and ensures that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
• Performs other duties as required.
• High school graduate or GED is strongly preferred.
• Must have valid US driver’s license.
• Four years of experience as a heavy equipment operator are required.
• Must be willing and able to lift and move items, parts, assemblies and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum.
• Willingness and ability to deploy to Antarctica for extended periods is required.
• Must be willing and able to perform physical activities including heavy lifting, climbing in and out of equipment, crawling, and working outdoors.
• Must successfully complete the physical, dental and psychological (if applicable) examinations as required by the NSF for deploying to Antarctica.
• Must participate in community programs, such as “house-mouse” (chores), “daisy-picking” (cleaning-up around the station), recycling efforts and safety objectives.
• US citizenship or Permanent US Resident status is required.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK at http://www.jobs.net/jobs/pae/join
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 15,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Arlington, VA.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with PAE, please call Recruiting at (703) 656-6064 or email email@example.com with "Disability Assistance" in the subject line.
Complete our survey to help us find more candidates like you! Click HERE at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/F2XWFFF