Washington State DSHS Psychology Associate in Medical Lake, Washington
Do you need a stepping stone to further your professional career in the field of Psychology?
The Adult Psychiatric Unit (APU) at Eastern State Hospital (ESH) is looking for a new Psychology Associate. We are recognized leaders in making a difference in the mental health community and treating individual who are mentally ill because of our integrity, positive outcomes and commitment to those served. We value our Psychology staff and understand how important they are to our patients and facilities.
Some of what you'll be doing:
- Plans and implements treatment mall programs
- Provide evidence-based group and individual therapy
- Collaborate with treatment mall team members to evaluate and make changes to improve program goals
- Monitor and document patient advancement in meeting treatment goals
- Work as a team to facilitate changes and improvements to treatment mall
- Participate in treatment plan sessions focusing curriculum development
What we are looking for:
- Ability to obtain the cooperation, understanding and participation of a broad range of other team members in the development and implementation of psychological services/supports or programs.
- Knowledge of hospital, state, and federal regulatory standards, policies and procedures.
- Ability to work with difficult or angry patients in a therapeutic, non-threatening manner.
- Strong group therapy skills and experience treating individuals with chronic, severe mental illness.
- Ability to use cognitive-behavioral approaches or ability and willingness to learn.
- Understanding and ability to create and/or implement evidence based therapies to treat severe, chronic mental illness or ability to learn and use such approaches. (i.e. dialectical behavioral therapy, cognitive remediation techniques and treatment for co-occurring disorders.)
- Ability to collect and integrate clinical data into reports or research formats.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with clients, management, peers and the public
- Knowledge of mental illness and recovery principles
Who we are interested in:
Professionals with master's degree in psychology or mental health counseling from an accredited school or department of psychology.
Be prepared to provide copy of your college transcripts with your application or it maybe requested by hiring manager at a later date.
If you have questions about this exciting opportunity, please email DSHS Hiring or call (360) 725-5824.
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10483 ZA57E ZA58E
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 10/31/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $3,907.00 - $5,126.00 Monthly
Location: Spokane County - Medical Lake, WA