Robert Half-Robert Half Management Resources Healthcare Art Director (Contract-to-hire) in Menlo Park, California
Req ID: 149801
Join one of the World’s Most Admired Companies!
Founded in 1948, Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized staffing firm and the parent company of Protiviti, a global consulting firm. We offer our clients a full spectrum of specialized staffing and consulting solutions through our more than 400 locations in over 20 countries. Robert Half has appeared on FORTUNE® magazine’s list of “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998, as well as numerous “Best Place to Work” lists around the world.
Our corporate employees are the backbone of our operations and work with our teams around the world. Each employee at our corporate services locations plays a role in our company’s success.
If you want to make a difference — and work in an environment where you can thrive and innovate — apply for this job today!
Robert Half is seeking a dynamic Art Director for our Menlo Park location. This is a long-term contract-to-hire position.
Concept and Design :
- Develops and manages visual branding strategy and messaging creation for assigned brands/products.
- Concepts, designs and executes high-level digital, print and interactive projects.
- Leads and manages internal teams and external vendors to execute creative projects and assets.
- Partners with cross-functional teams to drive innovation and creativity in developing marketing and brand strategies.
- Develops high-level storyboards and layouts to effectively communicate design ideas.
- Reviews creative designs and provides art direction and appropriate plans for successful execution to Graphic Designers, Production Artists and Interactive Designers.
Production and Design :
- Provides plans and recommendations for ensuring design and branding updates of the brand style guide for assigned brands.
- Proactively aligns brand experience and creative requirements across all organizational materials – both internally and externally.
- Manages and adheres to quality, style guide and departmental best practice standards in all executions. Offers guidance on improving technical or procedural team processes.
Liaison Customer Service:
- Influences across functional marketing and PR teams to define targeted creative solutions and design strategies for specific multi-channel business initiatives.
- Serves as liaison between creative team and clients when working on projects. Sets project art direction and ensures project teams provide consistent service levels.
- Collaborates with management teams to analyze, develop plans, manage and execute assigned projects within budget and required timelines.
- Communicates with clients, across functional teams to manage expectations with all stakeholders.
- Leads in receiving appropriate approvals with Executives, Sr. Creative Director, Senior Management, clients and team for appropriate approvals. Proactively builds and improves relationships with client partners and cross-functional teams
Leadership and Talent Management:
- Evaluates the demand for and secures external when necessary in order to complete projects and initiatives. Obtains estimates and negotiates cost for vendors. Works with internal team to get necessary approval to proceed.
- Supervises contract and freelance talent when necessary.
- Coaches, directs and helps in the ongoing development of team designers and peers.
- Provides guidance around current and future talent needed to produce highest possible creative quality.
- Manages all aspects of photoshoots including approvals, talent, contract requirements, usage rights, and final production.
- Creates and organizes folders and files on the server according to department standards.
- Keeps asset libraries, templates and guideline documents up to date, according to department standards.
- Is responsible for releasing or uploading final files to clients or vendors.
- Organizes archives according to department standards and in compliance with digital asset management system requirements when necessary.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Visual Arts or similar degree
- 5+ years of experience in the creative industry; Art/Interactive Art Direction or Graphic Design.
- Preferred to have 2 years’ experience managing or leading freelance or full-time design resources.
- Experience working in an agency or in-house team environment, leveraging branding guidelines to develop a range of creative initiatives while utilizing various procedures and processes. Previous experience securing vendors and managing contract/freelance employees.
- Expert understanding of graphic design and design technologies.
- Advanced experience using Adobe Creative Suite (Creative Cloud preferred).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience in HTML, CSS and interactive tools preferred but not required.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize according to deadlines and react to adjustments on the fly.
- Excellent organizational, communication (verbal/written) and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to details is a must.
- Should be attentive to potential issues that risk altering production schedules and determine best steps to mitigate additional work or costs where possible.
- Ability to organize and implement changes to tracking and data documents.
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half’s corporate facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
You may apply for this position online, or by mail. Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application
- The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
By mail: Please mail your cover letter and resume to:
- Corporate StaffingRobert Half2613 Camino RamonSan Ramon, CA 94583-9128