Columbia Sportswear Company Floor Supervisor - Merrimack, NH in Merrimack, New Hampshire
Floor Supervisor - Merrimack, NH
United States, New Hampshire, Merrimack
10000244 Requisition #
Oct 13, 2016 Post Date
Floor Supervisors are responsible for sales floor operations and providing direction to Sales Associates. As a member of the Store Leadership Team, they support the company mission: “Connecting Active People With Their Passions”. Come join the adventure at Location in City.
As assigned by the Store Manager:
- Lead and functionally supervise a team of Sales Associates.
- Provide direction and guidance to associates to ensure efficient and effective floor operations, customer service, coverage, and execution of visual standards.
- Train Sales Associates and perform store procedures including cash register transactions, product flow procedures and visual standards. Maintain a high level of accuracy with register transactions.
- Accountability for sales floor process & procedures. Maintain company standards and guidelines around product flow, customer service and visual standards.
- Supervise and oversee and authorize cash register transactions made by sales associates and provide assistance/training with cash register transactions as needed.
- Perform regular daily store activities such as opening and closing procedures which include balancing registers, preparing cash bags, and activating security system.
Compete To Win:
- Perform good customer service by assisting customers in person or on the phone.
- Provide information to customers on current product features and benefits.
- Maintain current and accurate knowledge of product features, benefits, and availability.
- Ensure Sales staff is trained and knowledgeable on current products.
- Provide efficient order management from placement of orders to delivery of goods.
Doing the Right Thing:
- Coach, train and act as role model to ensure company standards and expectations are met.
- Create and maintain an environment of strong sales and exceptional customer service through teamwork, coaching associate and leading by example, customer service or sales as needed.
- Maintain a high professional standard of individual behavior for the demonstration of respect, courtesy and professionalism to align with Columbia Sportswear Company expectations.
- Create a positive environment, supportive of employee training and development.
- Acts as Store Manager in the absence of the Manager and Assistant Manager.
- Maintain positive open lines of communication with all Columbia Sportswear Company management, staff and other departments in order to contribute to the smooth flow of information and efficient operation of the organization.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Position has some variety in terms of customer contact and needs.
- The Floor Supervisor follows well-established store practices and procedures.
- Duties are performed with specific directions and goals and work is checked or verified visually and by results.
- Decisions are made within specific store policy constraints.
- Errors in judgment could affect the profitability of the outlet store by affecting inventory, customer satisfaction, or affect the accuracy of cash register transactions.
- Works under some supervision with general instructions provided for new assignments and follows well-established store practices and procedures.
- Applies support or technical skills to non-routine tasks.
- Contacts are made with others both inside and outside the organization.
- Internal contacts frequently include the Store Manager, District Manager, Store Staff, Product Merchandise team, Safety and Security, HR team and other team members as needed.
- External contacts frequently include customers and vendors.
- Interactions tend to focus on providing daily direction, providing assistance, information exchange and training.
- Contacts sometimes include sensitive or confidential information.
- Incumbent often initiates communication on his/her own through various means including phone, email, and face-to-face interaction.
- Position provides functional supervisory guidance to stock and sales associates.
- Position has no direct reports.
Specific Job Skills:
- Ability to conduct interpersonal interactions with customers and company personnel, provide coaching and mentoring to staff, troubleshoot, solve problems and make decisions in partnership with Store Management, operate independently and with discretion, and work effectively under pressure.
- Tasks require some judgment. Resolves most questions and problems, and refers complex issues to Store Management.
- Impacts and influences the performance of other jobs.
- Skill in operating personal computers, POS systems and various software packages including Microsoft Word and Excel are needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of company personnel through oral and written means is required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Effective retail math experience/aptitude/ability required.
- Time management and ability to use good judgment and make sound decisions are required.
- No direct supervisory responsibilities. May assist with training new employees.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Prefer 3 years previous retail operations experience with at least one year of retail supervisory, management or leadership experience.
- Combination of previous experience, education and relevant experience considered.
- Job may require hours that often exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week during peak periods.
- Available to work store schedule – Sunday to Saturday.
- Job pressure exists in meeting store goals and managing personal and others' time.
- Willingness to set and maintain high standards of performance.
- Physical requirements include the ability to use telephone, computerized systems; perform repetitive movements of the arms and shoulders, stand for extended periods of time up to 8 hours per day, move freely around store, bend, twist, reach, squat, climb a ladder and regularly lift/carry up to 40 pounds.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.