Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration Physician - Dermatology in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Milwaukee, WI
Work Schedule is Part Time 40 hours - Excepted Service Permanent
Opened Friday 9/23/2016 (27 day(s) ago)
** Closes Thursday 3/23/2017 (154 day(s) away)
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 1809996
This is a Part Time position 40 hours biweekly.
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
This position is located at the Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin (http://www.milwaukee.va.gov/). Milwaukee is located in southeastern Wisconsin, about 90 minutes from Chicago, IL and Madison, WI. Milwaukee is on the shores of Lake Michigan, the fifth largest lake in the world where Summerfest, the world's largest music festival and many ethnic festivals take place throughout the summer. There is something for everyone in Milwaukee; you can experience old world charm, diverse cultures, historic neighborhoods and it's a great place to raise a family.
This position is not authorized for a recruitment/relocation incentive.
NOTE: Non-Citizens may apply and can be appointed when it's not possible to recruit qualified citizens for the position. ADDITIONAL BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR THE VA:
- Free liability protection with tail coverage provided
- No physician employment contracts and no significant restrictions on moonlighting
- Regular pay increases to include biennial longevity increases, annual cost of living increases (when signed into law), and biennial reviews of physician market pay
- One full and unrestricted license from any U.S. state or territory is accepted at this facility
- 49 Days paid time off per year (26 days paid annual leave, 13 days paid sick leave, 10 paid federal holidays)
- Pension plan
- Vested in pension annuity after only 5 years' service
- 401K-type plan (Thrift Savings Plan) with matching contributions
The Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center, Milwaukee is seeking a part time physician for their Dermatology Program. This will be a joint position with the Medical College of Wisconsin. Candidates must be Board Certified/Board Eligible in Dermatology. Clinical research experience and record of publications, a history of academic achievement, and teaching in undergraduate and graduate medical education are all highly desirable. Applicants who have previous VA experience are also highly desirable. Applicant must have appropriate credentials for a faculty appointment at the Medical College of Wisconsin at an Assistant Professor level.
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday shift, some evenings, weekends and holidays may be included
FUNCTIONAL STATEMENT TITLE: Physician (Dermatologist)
- Not Required
- Must pass pre-employment examination.
- Designated and/or Random Drug Testing required.
- Background and/or Security Investigation required.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Citizenship of the United States. Noncitizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with Department of Veterans Affairs policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of a first-year residency, or its equivalent, approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which it was completed.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
- Completed an accredited dermatology residency program and is board eligible or board certified in dermatology.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
REFERENCE: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
NOTE*:* Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must pass a pre-employment physical.
What To Expect Next
After we receive application packages (including all required documents) and the vacancy announcement closes, we will review applications to ensure qualification and eligibility requirements are met. During our review, if your résumé and application package do not support your questionnaire answers, we will adjust your rating accordingly. After the review is complete, a referral certificate(s) is issued and applicants will be notified of their status by email (if provided); otherwise, applicants will receive a notification letter via the U.S. Postal Service. Referred applicants will be notified as such and may be contacted directly by the hiring office for an interview. All referred applicants receive a final notification once a selection decision has been made.
You may check the status of your application at any time by logging into your USAJOBS account and clicking on "Application Status." For a more detailed update of your status, click on "more information." Information regarding applicant notification points can be found in the USAJobs Resource Center.
The first list of eligible applicants will be pulled for referral on October 1, 2016. Subsequent referrals will be made every month after that date. Applications received after the first cut-off date, will be considered for the second cut-off, and so on throughout the life of the announcement and within your specific period of eligibility.
All applicants may receive consideration for 3 months from the date of application. If you wish to be considered after that period, and the announcement is still open to receive applications, you must re-apply to indicate your continued interest.
VA offers a comprehensive benefits package. The VHA physician brochure provides an overview of the benefits associated with a VA practice.
Annual leave shall accrue for full-time physicians at the rate of 26 days per leave year (1 day per pay period).
It is the policy of the VA to not deny employment to those that have faced financial hardships or periods of unemployment.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply.
The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
Salary Range: $200,000.00 to $400,000.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: VM-0602-00/00
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens. Non-Citizens may apply and can be appointed when it's not possible to recruit qualified citizens for the position
Control Number: 451496400
Job Announcement Number: ML-16-AZ-1809996-OCA