CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP Staff Accountant in Minneapolis, Minnesota
We need an entrepreneurial Staff Accountantto join the Business Operations practice in our Minneapolis office. As a member of CLA’s BizOps practice, you will work directly with entrepreneurs, start-ups, and small/medium business owners and managers to provide customized services to our clients so they can focus on managing and growing their organizations.
In this role, you will be an integral part of our client’s team, and will have an opportunity to be directly involved in helping them manage the business and make the critical decisions necessary for long-term success. We do this by providing a variety of accounting, financial and operational services for our clients, including processing transactions, account reconciliations, financial statement preparation, financial analysis, and supporting our clients’ existing accounting function. This position provides an outstanding opportunity to be directly involved with successful small businesses, and to grow in your career as our clients grow their businesses.
- Ability to identify client issues concerning generally accepted accounting principles (FASB / SFAS), specifically related to particular industry.
- Complete non-complex account reconciliations, such as bank reconciliations, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and other balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare non-complex financial statements and required work papers to support the financial statements.
- Process transactions which may include: accounts payable/cash disbursements processing, accounts receivable/cash receipts processing and payroll processing/coordination.
- Gains a thorough understanding of the financial operations of industry specific engagements/clients (i.e. nonprofit, healthcare, manufacturing, etc.)
- BA/BS degree in accounting or related field required. Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of bachelor’s degree.
- Proficiency and aptitude for applicable software (Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, etc).
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of accounting software packages. QuickBooks required.
- Ability to travel to client sites
- Strong organization skills/goal orientation/self-motivation.
- Ability to handle pressure in a positive professional manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Communication is clear, concise, and considerate of the needs of others.
- Works cooperatively with others and values the different contributions people make.
- Focus efforts on managing work and key client relationships to exceed client expectations.
Find out more and apply online at CLAconnect.com.
ABOUT THE FIRM
CliftonLarsonAllen LLP (CLA) is a professional services firm delivering integrated wealth advisory, outsourcing and public accounting capabilities to help enhance our clients’ enterprise value and assist them in growing and managing their related personal assets – all the way from startup to succession and beyond. Our professionals are immersed in the industries they serve and have specialized knowledge of their operating and regulatory environments. With nearly 4,400 people, 100 US locations and a global affiliation, we bring a wide array of solutions to help clients in all markets, foreign and domestic. Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.
We are deeply invested in the success of our professionals and provide innovative career-building opportunities. At CLA, we aim to positively impact the clients we serve, the people we employ, the profession we represent and the communities we call home.
CLA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition Number: 16-0736
Title: Staff Accountant