Medtronic Senior Principal Category Manager - Metals in Mounds View, Minnesota
Senior Principal Category Manager - Metals
Mounds View, Minnesota, United States
6 days ago
The Senior Principal Category Manager will work on developing relationships which provide metals materials to cutting edge medical technologies! This position is a critical part of the Medtronic Supply Management team. We drive improved quality and reduced cost year over year. The Sr. Principal Category Manager position will provide leadership and direction for the category, lead technical projects and support cost down initiatives. The incumbent will be focused on planning, strategy, and execution to provide recommendations to senior leadership and value stream leaders. Cross functional work is also required with multiple functions including: engineering, quality, sourcing, regulatory, supply chain and marketing.
• Manage metals category with direct interaction in the Value Stream.
• Engage in consistent, open dialogue to understand Value Stream: business requirements, goals, objectives, strategies, supply/technology needs, monitoring, supporting, diversity, inventory and supplier issues.
• Communicate supplier and commodity team strategies, actions and issues to VS Leadership, Global Sourcing Operations leadership.
• Assign commodity management resources as needed to support value stream goals objectives.
• Strategizes, manages and improves supplier and commodity performance including: cost reduction, supplier risk mitigation, contracts, agreements and supply performance issues including quality and delivery.
• Collaborate with Commodity Management Team Members to:
Assign and ensure successful Category Management Team performance of value stream+CRHF Sourcing (inclusive of cross-functional BU commodity strategy with Supplier Relationship Focus Management) and Pan-Medtronic Center-Led efforts as needed.
Provide day-to-day supplier and category management leadership as needed.
Promote an engaged Commodity Team environment including recognition as needed.
Ensure compliance with Sourcing Policies and Procedures
• Collaborate with Commodity Management Program Manager to:
- Ensure consistent application and execution of commodity and supplier management process to deliver organizational results
• Prioritize workload and communications to ensure responsive approach.
• Reports to Sr. Manager Commodity Management.
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, THE FOLLOWING BASIC QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE EVIDENT ON YOUR RESUME:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Supply chain, finance, business administration, operations, information technology, physics, materials, chemistry, electrical engineering, or other engineering degree
REQUIRED YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
• 10+ years (with Bachelor's) or 8+ years (with Master's) of experience in global sourcing, supply chain management or commodity management.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Proven leadership experience working in a large manufacturing organization.
• A demonstrated record of excellent performance in meeting high standards of quality, quantity, leadership and dependability (attendance and punctuality).
• Interpersonal dynamics skills: Communication, Conflict Management, Decision-Making, Facilitation and Negotiation skills.
• Ability and willingness to work with and communicate with all levels and functions within the organization.
• Contracts Management, negotiations leader, and experience in managing global suppliers.
• Proven problem solving skills.
• Ability to travel at least 25% of work time and travel international.
DESIRED/PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE:
• MBA or Master’s Degree in a technical field.
• Strong metals global sourcing and supply chain process flow knowledge.
• Experience working in a global multi-site manufacturing organization.
• Green Belt Certification.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile.
• The employee is also required to interact with a computer for extended periods of time, and communicate with peers and co-workers.
• Required to travel up to 25%
• Required to do computer based work for extended periods of time
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.