The Mosaic Company EHS Specialist - RCRA / Waste Management in Mulberry, Florida
Are you our next EHS Specialist - RCRA / Waste Management?
We are currently seeking an EHS Specialist - RCRA / Waste Management for our New Wales, Florida location. The EHS Specialist - RCRA / Waste Management will collaborate with the broader EHS team and Operations to ensure compliance with all applicable environmental, health and safety regulations. Actively serve as a role model for all company environmental, health, and safety standards. Work independently to provide daily EHS support to operating facility. Participate in the investigation of incidents, near misses and property damage incidents. Collect samples and data, conduct assessments and evaluate results for compliance determination. Provide training and education to facility on EHS matters as well as monitor and assess EHS programs for continuous improvement opportunities.
What will you do?
- Coordinate the maintenance and implementation of EHS programs, compliance plans, and initiatives
- Participate in the investigation of incidents, near misses and property damage incidents. Ensures follow-up is done to minimize future exposure
- Conduct audits, investigations and assessments as well as samplings and inspections to meet company and regulatory requirements, standards and procedures
- Assist management in coordination and direction of contractors and outside agencies in areas of compliance and special projects
- Serve as the “on call” EHS specialist for a wide range of issues, including conducting inspections and investigations at facility
- Keep abreast of any safety and environmental law or regulatory changes that impact the organization
- Conduct routine EHS observations to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies, company environmental, health and safety policies, procedures and practices
- Actively participate in process improvement activities through the identification of improvement opportunities and implementation solutions. Support the coordination of improvement projects with Operations
- Conduct, coordinate and tracks various training in Operations to support company EHS initiatives Coach Operations personnel and contractions on the implementation of EHS standards and procedures to ensure company and regulatory requirements are met
- Responsible for identifying and reporting any known or suspected EHS issues and making recommendations
- Prepare reports and analyses of findings to appropriate departments and agencies
- Develop, maintain and submit regulatory reports, permit renewals, communications and accurate records to appropriate agency or department
- Maintain internal and regulatory data collection reporting
- Additional miscellaneous duties as needed and assigned
What do you need for this role?
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 3 years OR High School Diploma and a minimum of 5 years of professional experience in Environmental Health and Safety in an industrial manufacturing environment required
- Proficient Microsoft Office, basic understanding of databases is required
- Working knowledge of EHS regulations is needed
- Experience in RCRA compliance preferred
- Experience in waste management preferred
- Able to apply current requirements to the work setting and the site or business unit requirements is a must
- Knowledge of adult training techniques
- Ability to interface effectively throughout the facility’s workforce
- Functional EHS knowledge in regulatory requirements, EHS technical aspects, risk management, behavior-based safety, training, and regulatory agency enforcement is required
- Chemical industry, Manufacturing/Mining experience preferred
- Experience in Environmental Law preferred
- ASP, OHST, CMSP, CIH, CSP Licenses and Certifications preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently
- Strong attention to detail
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently exposed to varying temperatures from below 32 degrees to above 85 degrees Fahrenheit
- Able to lift 25-50 lbs. unassisted and regularly
- Able to climb stairs and work at various heights
- Able to distinguish varying or specific colors, patterns or materials
- Able to hear, with or without correction
- Able to read, write and understand basic English
- Able to see, with our without correction
- Able to travel unassisted
- Able to use fine hand motor skills
- Able to wear a respirator
- Able to work in tight or closed-in spaces
- Able to work rotating shifts and overtime as required
- Physically able to use standard safety equipment which is rated for 300 pounds or less
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.
Mosaic participates in the US E-Verify program.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!
Requisition ID: 19143