PAE, Inc LCC Project Manager in Multiple Locations, Iraq
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
LCC Project Manager
LCC Project Manager
The Project Manager will be based at one of three PAE sites in Iraq and will serve the Operations and Maintenance Support Services (OMSS) contract in support of the U.S. Department of State. This is a construction management position and will report to the LCC Site Manager at the assigned site. The Project Manager will manage and supervise teams of professional journeymen and apprentice tradesmen overseeing construction and renovation projects throughout Iraq. The duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
• Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and ensuring that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
• Comply with all Environmental Health & Safety and Quality Assurance requirements and goals. Provide information and materials to these divisions as necessary to ensure adequate and legal documentation.
• The Project Manager inspects work performed by tradesmen to ensure that it meets specifications, codes and established industry standards
• Instruct staff in company work policies and procedures
• Review work orders and work order reports to ensure the tasks are completed on-time and inspect the projects to ensure all work is accomplished per the SOW
• Ensure personnel under supervision conduct inventory of current stock and order materials to ensure that supplies and equipment are available in adequate amounts
• Confers with staff in order to resolve performance and personnel problems
• Conducts daily meetings with trades to discuss project work, client concerns and trade shop workflow
• Evaluates employee performance and recommends personnel actions such as salary increases, dismissal, or promotion and performs other assigned duties as required by his reporting Manager
The Project Manager candidate must have a background in management of construction trades or similar construction practices. Must have a minimum of 5 years of verifiable experience managing multiple trades in a large institutional setting or managing construction projects.
• Education: A high school diploma or equivalent education is required.
• Licenses and Certifications: Valid drivers’ license from Home of Record.
• Security Vetting: Already possess a Secret Level Security Clearance or be able to obtain an Interim Secret Level Security Clearance prior to being hired. Must maintain eligibility at the required certification level for the duration of the contract.
• Language Skills: Fluent English proficiency to meet job requirements and to adhere and comply with safety, health, and security measures.
• Citizenship: US Citizenship is required.
• Medical: Successfully complete and pass the medical and dental examinations as required by PAE and our customer for deployment to Iraq. Must maintain physical and dental requirements for duration of deployment.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Master’s Degree in a similar profession
• Relevant overseas contract experience
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, and Visio
• Previous work experience in harsh environmental conditions.
• Experience working with PAE.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of principles and processes involved in supporting construction management and projects at an overseas facility.
• Experience providing excellent customer services.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules.
• Cross-cultural sensitivity with an international perspective.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Strong computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Ability to become an active and functioning member of a team.
• Must have the ability to be innovative and be an agent for change.
• Expert communication skills to facilitate and disseminate information.
WORKING AND LIVING CONDITIONS:
This position may be located in a war zone, in an environment with harsh and dangerous working and living conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be exposed to an extreme and austere desert-like environment. Temperatures can reach 120-130 degrees Fahrenheit/50-55 degrees Celsius during the summer months. Employees must be willing and able to perform regular job requirements in this austere, extreme environment, as well as willing and able to deploy to Iraq for extended periods. Work schedules are a minimum of 6 days per week and 10 hours per day, while some jobs have higher daily and weekly minimums. Employees must be willing and able to perform physical activities including, but not limited to, heavy lifting and moving of items, parts, assemblies, and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum; climbing in and out of equipment; crawling; and working outdoors. This includes being able to lift and carry 40 pounds of personal protective equipment for extended periods of time and being capable of running and ‘duck & cover’ during emergencies without putting oneself or others at risk.
Applications with resumes will be accepted through 6PM on the hiring closing date.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
PAE is a drug-free workplace.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK at http://www.jobs.net/jobs/pae/join
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 15,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Arlington, VA.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with PAE, please call Recruiting at (703) 656-6064 or email email@example.com with "Disability Assistance" in the subject line.
Complete our survey to help us find more candidates like you! Click HERE at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/F2XWFFF