College of Western Idaho Adjunct Instructor, Chemistry in Nampa, Idaho
*FLSA Status: *Exempt
RESPONSIBLE TO:Department Chair* *
This is a part-time faculty position. At this time, we are only able to employ those who reside in, or will relocate to, the State of Idaho.
Adjunct faculty members teach contracted classes in accordance with established policies and guidelines. To reach a broad range of students, CWI encourages exploring alternative teaching styles and methods. Courses will be taught in traditional classroom settings, in computer-mediated classrooms, and over the internet. This position includes classes taught in the evenings/weekends and when necessary, at the College’s off campus centers.
- Teaches contracted credit load of courses in accordance with the descriptions published in the CWI catalog
- Utilizes outcomes assessment measures
- Participates in instructional evaluation processes
- Meets all scheduled classes promptly with any deviation being filed promptly and accurately through the appropriate channels
- Monitors student placement in courses and student progress; maintains accurate records
- Demonstrates sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disability backgrounds of community college students
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in related field of study, with a minimum of 12 graduate credits in discipline
- Experience teaching secondary level students in field of study
- Ability to adapt to variety of teaching methodologies including lectures, group activities, individual instruction, distance learning, and teaching with technology
- Ability to demonstrate commitment to professional growth and development
- Ability to advise students
- Proficiency in usage of internet, email, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software applications
- Master’s degree in discipline or related field of study
- Three years’ experience teaching field of study at post-secondary level
- Successful experience teaching at a community college or with adult learners
- Experience using instructional technology
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions which include:
- Ambulating around the work place
- Use of hands to handle or feel
- Reaching with hands and arms
- Talking and hearing
- Close and distant vision
The working environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually working indoors with some outdoor exposure when transferring between locations. The noise level in the work environment is generally quiet, but varies based upon activity.
Along with your application, please submit a cover letter (not to exceed two pages) describing how you meet the qualifications for the position and submit a detailed resume/vita.
Tracking Code: 411-801
Salary Range: $895 per credit