College of Western Idaho Industry Teacher - Medical Assistant in Nampa, Idaho
POSITION TYPE:Part-Time Non-Benefitted
*DEPARTMENT: *WD Medical Assistant
SCHEDULE:Saturdays 8 – 5
RESPONSIBLE TO:Director, WD Health Programs
This position is responsible for teaching the Medical Assistant program and supervision of students during the classroom lab and clinical component of the Medical Assistant course and related health education programs as directed. Position responsibilities also include classroom organization as well as ensuring effective utilization of resources including supplies and time management. Instruction and skills development taught in accordance with established policies, guidelines, and essential functions
*ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB *
- Deliver the approved course of study as outlined in the syllabus, maintaining a student-oriented approach to education.
- Prepare and/or gather current instructional materials and equipment and use available technological equipment and methods for delivery.
- Provide individual and group instruction.
- Evaluate student learning through written, oral, practical and/or performance testing, ensuring that what is taught is what is evaluated.
- Provide frequent feedback to students regarding individual progress throughout the course.
- Support clinical coordinator in facilitating student clinical activities
- Supervise students in all assigned classroom and laboratory activities
- Maintain discipline in the classroom and laboratory.
- Establish and maintain appropriate and adequate office hours.
- Motivate students to actively participate in all aspects of the educational process
- Maintain expertise in subject area
- Knowledge of course curriculum for success as a substitute
- Lecture and present materials on a particular topic or subject matter in which they are certified or experienced
- Teach courses at a variety of times and locations in response to institutional needs
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 3 years of experience as a Medical Assistant
- Previous experience teaching or training
- Availability for evenings/ Saturday’s, also as a substitute
Tracking Code: 474-801
Salary Range: $17.00 - $25.00 per hour