College of Western Idaho Industry Teacher - Medical Billing & Coding in Nampa, Idaho
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT: WD Health Programs
This position is responsible for leading and instructing classes on medical billing and coding in accordance with established policies and guidelines.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Deliver the approved course of study as outlined in the syllabus, maintaining a student-oriented approach to education.
- Prepare and/or gather current instructional materials and equipment and use available technological equipment and methods for delivery.
- Provide individual and group instruction.
- Evaluate student learning and teaching effectiveness through written, oral, practical and/or performance testing, ensuring that what is taught is what is evaluated.
- Provide frequent feedback to students regarding individual progress in each course.
- Manage and supervise students in all assigned classroom and laboratory activities
- Maintain discipline in the classroom and laboratory.
- Establish and maintain appropriate and adequate office hours.
- Conveys by words and action the values expected by CWI
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Applicants must be experienced in reviewing medical procedures as documented by doctors, translating medical procedures into codes that can be translated by payers, other medical coders, and other medical facilities, transmitting coded patient treatment information to payers and other recipients , coordinating insurance reimbursement of care providers , handling patient billing
- Five years minimum medical billing and coding experience required.
- Must be current on industry standards and procedures
Tracking Code: 449-801
Salary Range: $16.20 per hour