College of Western Idaho Industry Teacher - Plumbing in Nampa, Idaho
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
POSITION TYPE: Part-Time Non-Benefitted (less than 19 hours per week)
RESPONSIBLE TO: Program Coordinator, Plumbing
A WD instructor will be expected to effectively demonstrate support of program education; provide a positive, supportive and professional atmosphere for students and instructors; provide a positive and encouraging atmosphere for individuals in achieving their goal of successfully completing their program of study. In addition, the instructor will contribute to the effectiveness and quality of the program; and provide constructive, supportive behavioral feedback to improve the quality of education and customer service.
*ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB *
- Instructors teach assigned classes in accordance with established policies and guidelines.
- Deliver the approved course of study as outlined in the syllabus, maintaining a student-oriented approach to education.
- Prepare and/or gather current instructional materials and equipment and use available technological equipment and methods for delivery.
- Provide individual and group instruction.
- Modify instructional material and methods based on program coordinator assessments and feedback.
- Implement & evaluate new instructional technologies.
- Evaluate student learning and teaching effectiveness through written, oral, practical and/or performance testing, ensuring that what is taught is what is evaluated.
- Provide frequent feedback to students regarding individual progress in each course.
- Manage and supervise students in all assigned classroom and laboratory activities (substitute personnel must be approved by Program Manager).
- Maintain discipline in the classroom and laboratory.
- Recommend and assist Program Coordinator/Program Manager in preparing curriculum revisions.
- Work with advisory committee and program coordinator to meet changing needs of the program and industry.
- Attend and participate in scheduled meetings.
- Maintain current knowledge of technology in the field.
- Plumbing Journeyman License from the State of Idaho
- Train the trainer, Teacher training course, or equivalent. Can be provided upon employment.
- Degree in related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Training and specialized knowledge in Plumbing field
- Work experience related to instruction
- Strong familiarity with technician training needs
- Knowledge of adult learning methodology
- Industry specific certification if applicable
- Ability to adapt to variety of teaching methodologies including lectures, group activities, individual instruction, distance learning, and teaching with technology
- Ability to demonstrate commitment to professional growth and development
- Proficiency in usage of internet, email, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software applications
- 6 years of experience in the field.
- All applicants must provide a resume and proof of either education or work experience.
Tracking Code: 467-801
Salary Range: $20.00 - $25.00 Per Hour