College of Western Idaho Part Time Teacher, Evenings, Truck Driving in Nampa, Idaho
*RESPONSIBLE TO: *Manager I, Truck Driving
SCHEDULE:26 hours per week. Monday and Tuesday 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. and weekends
Teach truck driving skills in accordance with established policies and guidelines.
This is a part-time benefitted position.
- Teach approved truck driving curriculum, as assigned
- Motivate students to actively participate in all aspects of the educational process outcomes and provide regular, accurate, and timely feedback to students
- Maintain expertise in subject area
- Participate in Departmental and College meetings
- Convey by words and actions the values expected by CWI Performs other duties as assigned
- Truck driving experience acquired by at least three years full time work experience in truck driving
- Meet Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements for truck drivers
- Currently possess or ability to obtain Commercial Driver's License (CDL) prior to first day of instruction
- Currently possess or qualify for an Occupational Specialist Certificate from Idaho Division of Professional Technical Education (see www.pte.state.id.us/Certification or contact email@example.com for requirements).
- Teaching experience is desirable, especially at the community college level
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing, and presentation skills
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable with disabilities to perform the essential functions which include:
- Ambulating around the work place
- Sitting Use of hands to handle or feel
- Reaching with hands and arms
- Talking and hearing
- Close and distant vision
The working environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually working indoors, which means exposure to heating or air conditional. There may be some outdoor exposure when transferring between locations. The noise level in the work environment is generally quiet, but varies based upon activity.
Tracking Code: 407-801
Salary Range: 15.50 per hour