College of Western Idaho Web Developer in Nampa, Idaho
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time
RESPONSIBLE TO: Sr. Web Developer
The College of Western Idaho is looking for a User Experience / Front-End Developer who thrives on creative opportunities and challenging projects. This individual exhibits and embraces outside-the-box thinking, and is passionate for creating streamlined and super-intuitive online experiences. Must have demonstrated experience working with customers, content, CMS’s, and user research methods. This position will utilize user experience design methods and front-end languages to implement designs that enhance the functionality, navigation, branding, SEO, accessibility, and design of CWI’s external website.
Are you ready to work with an innovative team that provides massive retirement contributions, fantastic family health benefits and opportunities to learn Drupal or enhance your skillset in and out of the office? Then submit your resume and portfolio today!
This position performs lead front-end development on the Web Services agile development team. They will also be a part of the Web Services staff and work collaboratively with Marketing, target audiences, department leads, website contributors, and Information Technology.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Provide front-end development lead on projects, using Drupal’s framework to contribute HTML, CSS, and jQuery that produces a website which achieves high usability for target audiences
- Lead website contributors in the management of their sections through: communication, helpdesk requests, training, documentation, and working sessions.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to develop and maintain style guides, site maps, personas, wireframes, user interfaces to communicate CWI’s vision for the website
- Build a culture of user research for our customers about their target audiences, using surveys, focus groups, personas, use cases, etc...
- Present work to customers and gather feedback, educating them about good design decisions and usability best practices along the way
- Conduct usability testing and analytics on designs in order provide recommendations
- Ensures browser compatibility, search optimization, mobile device accessibility, and ADA compliance.
- Performs other functions related to web development, content, and design as needed. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree plus 2 years of web-based application development experience or equivalent combination of experience/education required.
- A minimum of two years' experience in the field; knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures for web application development.
- Customer service oriented in working effectively and comfortably with external and internal constituents and stakeholders.
- In-depth knowledge of existing/upcoming web standards, accessibility issues, and web application development processes.
- Knowledge of information architecture including easily navigated user interfaces.
- Proficiency with CSS, HTML and some JQuery.
- Familiarity with database and web integration.
- Knowledge of testing on major browsers and exposure to cross-browser/platform compatibility issues.
- Familiarity with social media and SEO integration
- Experience with content management system (CMS) and developing themes in CMS web environments.
- Experience with user research & testing methods, Pattern Lab and Git preferred.
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Prior experience developing large Drupal CMS web environments preferred.
- Experience working in a higher education environment preferred.
Tracking Code: 461-801
Salary Range: $47,476 - $51,876 annually