HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Charge Registered Nurse (RN) – GYN Oncology -- FT Days in Nashville, Tennessee
_TriStar Centennial Medical Center – Nashville, TN_
Charge Nurse (RN) – Sarah Cannon Cancer Center – GYN Oncology
Our 657 bed hospital is both nationally and locally recognized, including being named as one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals in the areas of cardiology, stroke, orthopaedics and breast cancer management. As a result of the continued advances in quality care, many improvements in all areas of healthcare have been made and thousands of lives have been significantly impacted. This position will play a key part in continuing our success!
Under the general supervision of the unit’s Manager or designee, the Charge Nurse assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions in the unit on his/her designated shifts. In collaboration with other members of the management team, this individual is responsible for the ongoing assessment of and assumes responsibility for the quality of patient care services when on duty. He or she functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education of individual members of the nursing staff.He or she makes decisions regarding activities within these areas based on Administrative Operational Standards, Nursing Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, and Standards of Care for the unit, in collaboration with other members of the management team.
Centennial Medical Centeris currently looking for aCharge Nurse (RN) – Sarah Cannon Cancer Center – GYN Oncology.
- Able to perform the general essential functions as an RN on a highly proficient or expert level
- Demonstrates sound knowledge base in nursing practice and its clinical application to the patient population served in the unit
- Makes assignments for the present or following shift to provide for smooth transition and ensures appropriate assignments throughout shift to cover changing patient needs and staff availability due to absences, breaks, etc. Takes into account established dept grids and productivity targets
- Self-assigns patients and functions as necessary
- Supervises personnel providing direct patient care, with delegation of activities based on patient care needs and competencies of available patient care staff.
- Rounds on all patients during each shift.
- Actively rounds on all team members during shift, assures adherence to intention rounding and bedside hand-off standard
- Displays initiative to see processes through to completion and offers assistance without being asked.
- Demonstrates behavior which reflects that working as a team is more important than self-interest.
- Resolves patient complaints at the lowest possible leadership level
- Utilizes down time on unit productively focusing on dept and staff needs, not self-interests. Coordinates multiple tasks simultaneously to make sure unit run smoothly. Anticipates unit /staff needs and is prepared ahead of time to meet these.
- Ensures dept is in a state of readiness for regulatory survey, keeps environment neat, clean and stocked
- Participates in interviewing new staff and provides input into hiring decision.
- Serves as preceptor and mentor to staff, Proactively shares clinical knowledge and expertise
- Teaches, supervises and serves as a resource for staff, assists with clinical procedures as needed.
- Assesses need for and assists in implementation of staff development programs
- Communicates directly to director/manager about staff performance issues needing attention
- Provides direct and ongoing supervision of staff with regard to conflict resolution and personnel policy compliance, including input and/or completion of performance evaluations and corrective action as approved by manager or director. Holds staff accountable for level of service provided.
- Assumes responsibility for resolving and/or channeling employee grievances appropriately
- Facilitates and/or participates in ongoing performance improvement activities which correlate to the Hospital-wide Performance Improvement Program with involvement of all levels of staff on designated shift as appropriate.
- Maintains awareness of current developments and trends in nursing practice.
- Demonstrates interpersonal competencies such as problem-solving, negotiation, and conflict management to improve team work.
- Enhances employee engagement by soliciting feedback from team members, being accessible, prohibiting lateral violence, positively supporting change
- Consistently maintains professional level of conduct
- Role models ICARE values, holds others accountable to same.
- Facilitates communication with patients, physicians, guests, and co-workers as appropriate to position.
Protects confidentiality of patients/coworkers, respecting their dignity, privacy, and differences.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, BSN or higher preferred
- Holds current and active State of Tennessee Registered Nurse license
- Clinical practice experience in the clinical specialty of his/her unit
- AHA BLS Certification, ACLS preferred
- ONS Chemotherapy and Biotherapy administration required (not required for 4North)
- OCN certification preferred
- Nursing Preceptor Workshop within six months of hire
- Charge Nurse Workshop attendance within six months of hire
Title: Charge Registered Nurse (RN) – GYN Oncology -- FT Days
Location: Tennessee-Nashville-Centennial Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00001-55663