BNY Mellon Grp Mgr Network Engineering in Nashville, Tennessee
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
Group Manager, Network Administration->> Manages a medium to large-sized or multiple small teams engaged in the operational support, installation, monitoring and maintenance for all networks. Implements policies and provides oversight for the installation, monitoring, and troubleshooting of standard network services and network components to provide employees with regular access to the LAN and technological environment. Coordinates activities with IT operations and user departments to ensure the integrity of the production environment. Ensures appropriate specifications are documented to meet needs and requirements to existing and proposed systems and technical, structural, and organizational data storage specifications. Analyzes current business practices, processes, and procedures to identify future business opportunities for the expansion or enhancement of the network infrastructure. Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team. Works with upper management to define and implement policies, procedures and operating level agreements. Manages one or more network administration teams. Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
· Expert proficiency in Cisco switching and routing protocols, e.g. EIGRP, RIP, OSPF, BGP,TELNET, SNMP, TCP/IP, UDP, FTP is important.
· Expert proficiency in LAN and WLAN network, management and support, Network monitoring and analysis and implementation of data collection, design and vendor offerings, Ethernet, IP, switching, routing, spanning tree preferred.
· CCNP a strong plus but not required
· CCIE Routing and Switching strong plus
· CCIE Data Center strong plus
· Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred, 8-10 years of experience in internetworking and routing between diverse networks required
· Supervisory experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.*
Primary Location:* United States-Pennsylvania-Freeport
Internal Jobcode:* 45294
Job:* Information Technology
Organization:* Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number:* 1611492
Category: Information Technology