HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Paramedic - Emergency Room - (PRN) in Nashville, Tennessee
TriStar Centennial Medical Center is a 657-bed comprehensive facility offering medical and surgical programs including behavioral health, 24-hour emergency, heart and vascular, imaging, neurosciences, oncology, orthopedics, pediatrics, rehabilitation, sleep disorder, and women’s services. An affiliate of TriStar Health, TriStar Centennial Medical Center’s 43-acre campus is home to TriStar Centennial Heart & Vascular Center, TriStar Centennial Women’s Hospital, The Children’s Hospital at TriStar Centennial, Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at TriStar Centennial Medical Center and TriStar Centennial Parthenon Pavilion.
The Paramedic performs direct patient care within the scope of the Paramedic/EMT-IV Practice Act. Utilizes therapeutic communication in daily practice. Maintains a safe and therapeutic environment. Identifies nursing problems as they relate to the individual needs of the patient. Participates in performance improvement activities to assure continuous quality improvement. Provides care and coordinates participation that fosters the goals of the hospital’s mission statement.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform specific competencies as listed on the competency validation checklist(s).
- Demonstrates age specific knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients.
- Ensures the privacy of our patients and confidentiality of their Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Meets mutually agreed upon performance goals/objectives established annually as listed on the Performance Management Plan.
- Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures
- Documents all patient care
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills
- Responds appropriately to emergency or crisis situations
- Promotes customer service initiatives
- Assists coworkers to meet patient needs
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient’s care which results in patient harm.
- Attends inservice presentations, and completes mandatory education, including, but not limited to, infection control, patient safety, quality improvement, MSDS and OSHA standards.
Uses Performance Improvement to improve patient safety.
Graduate of an accredited School of Paramedic/EMT-IV training.
- Current licensure with the Tennessee Department of Health Emergency Medical Division for the State of Tennessee
- BLS required
- ACLS required
Title: Paramedic - Emergency Room - (PRN)
Location: Tennessee-Nashville-Centennial Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00001-60519