HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Vice President Risk & Insurance in Nashville, Tennessee
The VP, Risk & Insurance is responsible for managing HCA’s insurable risks through the administration of programs of insurance to protect the Company’s employees, patients and assets at optimal cost and efficiency.
This position is responsible for the evaluation, strategy, administrative direction and coordination of the functions related to the procurement of insurance policies, oversight of the actuarial process for professional liability and workers compensation, budgeting and allocation of insurance costs, regulatory compliance for the insurance subsidiaries and administration of an effective and efficient claims management program. Financial reserves within the management authority of the VP Risk & Insurance total more than $1 billion. Additionally, this position serves as President of the Company’s insurance subsidiaries, Health Care Indemnity, Inc. (HCI), ParkView Insurance Company and Parthenon Insurance Company, Ltd.
/_GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES_//(including but not limited to)://///
- Promote loss prevention and workplace safety opportunities across all levels of management.
- Collaborate with Risk and Patient Safety Department, Clinical Services Group (CSG) subject matter experts and Clinical Excellence service line leads to analyze clinical and employee loss data to identify trends and guide loss prevention efforts across all business entities.
- Set the Company’s strategic direction regarding risk finance decisions, maintain comprehensive management reporting.
- Evaluate the Company’s risks, develop and maintain insurance broker and other vendor relationships to assure a cost effective and appropriate insurance program at optimal cost.
- Oversee claims processes to ensure that claims are resolved in a timely, cost effective way and with minimal impact on facility operations.
- Foster business relationships with primary, excess and reinsurance company representatives.
- Work collaboratively within the organization to executebusiness strategies.
- Ensure all activities comply with applicable insurance and financial rules and regulations.
- Oversee actuarial process for professional liability and employee injury; lead quarterly review sessions to keep senior management informed of claim trends and changes in the marketplace that may affect the Company.
- Ensure timely submission of all statutory reporting for HCA or HCI timely coordination with operating units regarding insurance budgeting.
- Coordinate with HCA Patient Safety Organization to support PSO business operations and goals.
/_EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE_/ * MBA, preferable but not required * Minimum 15 years in Insurance or Risk Management profession, preferably in the healthcare industry, with demonstrated progressive responsibility * Executive presence and leadership skills necessary to lead a 50 person team and interact frequently with HCA senior management /_SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS_/
CPHRM (from ASHRM), ARM or Risk Fellow (from RIMS), helpful but not required. /_RELATIONSHIPS_//__/
Reports to HCA SVP - Controller
Title: Vice President Risk & Insurance
Location: Tennessee-Nashville-Corporate Main Campus
Requisition ID: 10201-19522