HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Pharmacy Technician/Buyer in New Orleans, Louisiana
The pharmacy buyer is the individual, under the supervision of the Director of Pharmacy maintains inventory of medications and supplies in accordance with the current purchasing group programs. Prepares and places medications and supply orders with manufacturers and wholesalers. Receives the medication and supply order and assures the items and counts are correct as stated on the invoice and distributes each in the proper location and under proper storage conditions. Prepares necessary documentation to initiate processing of the invoices. Assists technicians in the filling of specialty care and clinic area stock orders and billing process for non-formulary or special medications not in charge system. The buyer will perform end of month reports and interdepartment billing. The pharmacy buyer must function in strict accordance with standard, written procedures and guidelines with deviation approved by the supervising pharmacist. Organizational relationships include being directly responsible to the Director of Pharmacy. The buyer will maintain records in accordance with federal, state, and local laws and in compliance with the requirements of the Louisiana Board of Pharmacy. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Tulane is located in beautiful and historic downtown New Orleans, Louisiana and has centers covering nearly all major specialties of medicine. The hospital is jointly owned by Hospital Corporation of America and Tulane University.
At Tulane, we are committed to providing you a Healthy Work Environment and rewarding career. When it comes to patient care, we strive to be the healthcare provider of choice. When it comes to employee care, our goal is to be the employer of choice.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Must be a Louisiana Certified Pharmacy Technician.
- *Education: *High school graduate or equivalent. Completion of college courses in materials management highly desirable.
- Experience:Minimum of 5 year’s experience in institutional pharmacy as a certified pharmacy technician. Two or more years of pharmacy purchasing experience preferred.
- Special qualifications:Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills. Computer database management and software skills highly desirable.
- *Hours of work: *Shift as scheduled.
Title: Pharmacy Technician/Buyer
Location: Louisiana-New Orleans-Tulane Medical Center
Requisition ID: 02560-10642