Barclays Senior Risk Analyst in New York City, New York
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide . Please visit our website here for more information.
Overall purpose of role: The IASB IFRS 9 project, which replaces the current IAS 39 standard, addresses classification and measurement, impairment methodology and hedge accounting./ /
o The Capital and Impairment Modelling Team is responsible for the development of models for use in the UK and Europe Unsecured consumer portfolios. Models developed will be used in the area of impairment/loan loss forecasting under the new impairment calculation framework IFRS9.
o The role holder will be responsible for the development of mathematical models and their associated documentation, specifically the requirements in relation to forward looking forecasting models, as well as/ /
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
o Key specific accountabilities
· Development of Impairment, Probability of Default, Exposure at Default and Loss Given Default models required for IFRS9 impairment framework and the calculation of Basel III Regulatory Capital.
· Identify and use cutting edge techniques to develop best in class decision tools.
· Share and seek out best practice across the modelling areas to develop self and to support the creation of
o Stakeholder management and leadership
· Participation with stakeholders across the business in order to understand their issues, objectives and priorities; suggest and discuss potential solutions.
· Help to communicate the results of the models developed or other analytics to business owners; help to drive business actions based on the results.
o Decision making and problem solving
· Provide business with insights and recommendations in order to improve strategy and process.
· Be pro-active in identifying and analysing the value of incremental information sources.
Risk and Control: All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
o Basic Qualifications
· Masters level degree or PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Management Science or Engineering
· 3 years analytical and model building experience for consumer lending portfolios, ideally PD, EAD and LGD experience
o Preferred Qualifications
· Analytical ability - Must have a clear understanding and experience in performing data analysis and be capable of working independently on data analysis tasks
· PC skills - Including competence in the use of SAS, Excel, Outlook and Word.
· Team working - Ability to work with and in cross-functional and virtual teams across locations.
· Conceptual thinking – Ability to think strategically with good intellect and ability to focus on the whole portfolio of Group activities and their associated value generation.
· Communication - Good communication skills with the ability to think quickly and package ideas and results in a logical, understandable way for both technical and non-technical audiences.
· Experience in the area of regulatory modelling is a plus
· A good understanding of the Group’s Model Risk Policy
· A good knowledge of data analysis, theory and statistical techniques (such as linear or nonlinear models, logistic regression, macroeconomic forecast, decision trees, cluster analysis and neural networks etc.)
· Strong SAS programming skills
· An ability to produce reports and interrogate systems to produce analysis and resolve discrepancies/queries.
The Benefits: Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Our Culture: Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here .
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.*
Title: Senior Risk Analyst
Location: New York-New York City
Requisition ID: *90095646