Ally Financial Associate - Corporate Finance Healthcare Capital Group in New York, New York
Commercial Lending & Operations
Sep 23, 2016
Associates in the Healthcare Capital Group work under the supervision of senior team members in analyzing, closing, and monitoring middle market leveraged loans. Associates typically have 2-3 years of related experience and have working knowledge of leveraged finance principals. Incumbents at this level are developing the skills required to independently underwrite, close and manage complex leveraged loan transactions and have the capacity to multitask on several projects simultaneously.
- Assist in preparation of diligence requests, and participate in related discussions with private equity firms, borrowers, and consultants.
- Prepare cash flow, pricing, and enterprise value models, including discounted cash flow analysis.
- Help perform analysis of historical financial results, vet management projections and assist in the preparation of related sensitivities.
- Assist in the preparation of initial deal screens and assigned sections of the approval memorandum.
- Actively participate in the presentation of new transactions to the Ally CF Credit Committee.
- Assist in monitoring performance trends of existing accounts, prepare portfolio reviews, and process requests for modifications and new financings.
- For agented transactions, maintain dialogue with syndicate members post-close and coordinate dissemination of requested information.
- Help ensure transactions close in compliance bank regulations and Ally CF credit policy.
- Remain current on developments in the healthcare sector, participate in recurring industry briefings, and attend select conferences.
- Assist with special projects, as appropriate.
- BA or BS in Accounting, Finance or Economics preferred.
- 2+ years of directly related experience including financial modeling, company specific/industry due diligence, and credit analysis.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong culture fit with team-first mentality.
- Highly analytical, detail oriented with emerging problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- High level of accountability, able to prioritize assigned tasks and meet time-sensitive internal and external deliverables.
- Technical: Strong knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint Access, and financial forecast models.
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
Ally Corporate Finance (CF) provides customized secured commercial loans to private-equity and/or venture capital backed companies based in North America. Our loans are used by clients to facilitate acquisitions, fund working capital, growth/capital expenditures, and restructurings. CF focuses on manufacturers, distributors/wholesalers, and service businesses but also has specialty lending teams that cover healthcare and technology businesses. We are headquartered in New York and have offices in major cities across the U.S.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-6247
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: New York (New York)