Willis Broker - Terrorism and Political Violence in New York, New York
Job Title: Broker – Terrorism and Political Violence Location: New York, NY
The Company Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 39,000 employees in more than 120 territories. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas — the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Unlock your potential at Willis Towers Watson.
The Business Corporate risk and broking We know how companies can unlock potential through effective risk management. Our clients rely on us to craft strategies to quantify, mitigate, and transfer risk, taking advantage of our specialist industry experience and unparalleled market know-how. The result is a new way of embracing risk that drives superior results.
The Role Willis Towers Watson Terrorism is at the forefront of placing large and challenging risks from North America into the London and European insurance markets. This provides exceptional opportunities for our team to design and develop cutting edge insurance solutions for our wide variety of clients.
Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for a portfolio of clients with the goal to retain and further develop this portfolio while maintaining required profitability
- This will involve day to day care of clients’ insurance programs in a timely and accurate manner
- Day to day Market contact, obtaining best possible outcome for the clients
- Documentation production
- Mid-term adjustments
- General advice and support to clients by email telephone and face to face meetings as required
- Travel promoting team capabilities and meeting clients and insurers
Any other duties commensurate with position or level of responsibility. _Knowledge, Skills and Experience required: _
Licensed Broker preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ related experience
- Good experience in the Insurance or similar industry including experience of Terrorism, Political Violence or Crisis Management coverage
- Be able to assist in preparation of proposals and presentations using marketing resources, practice groups and other producers
- Attention to detail
- Be able to maintain face-to-face and telephone contact with clients and Underwriters
- Have the knowledge of the principles and methods involved in selling and broking services
- Have a demonstrable track record of ability to sell and/or influence others
- Problem solving and decision making skills essential
- Excellent communication (written, verbal, oral & presentation) skills and interpersonal skills essential
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment where lateral thinking, initiative, self-motivation and decision-making skills are crucial. What can we offer you? Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k and an employee stock purchase plan as well as many other options to full time employees.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Job Title: Broker - Terrorism and Political Violence
Job Function: Broking
Date Posted: 10/17/2016
Location: New York, NY
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Job Number: JO-1610-17712
Posting ID: #CB#