Citi Investments Analyst in New York, New York
Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Bus Strategy, Planning & Admin
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 16060511
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/mission-and-value-proposition.html explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/leadership-standards.html explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The Law Firm Group’s investment business focuses primarily on serving individual partners at firms as well as their retirement business via pension plans, cash balance plans, and defined benefit plans. The investments team, including Investment Counselors and Analysts, partners with the banking teams to provide investment solutions to clients and regularly review their portfolios to achieve client-specific goals and needs.
The investment analyst position within LFG works on the ISA team (Investment Strategy and Analytics) in conjunction with the firm’s Investment Counselors (ICs). The role primarily involves investment analysis and research on platform managers and opportunities, client proposals and portfolio construction, client review materials and analysis, and general support of the IC role.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Preparing reports and various analysis for client reviews including asset allocation analysis, performance overviews, and product specific analysis
· Preparing proposal materials and providing insight on client accounts and situations via Monte Carlo simulations, implementation plans, and proprietary platform proposals
· Researching and providing updated information on managers on Citi’s investment platform for Investment Counselor use
· Working with supervisory principals and bankers/ICs to have material approved for client use
· Working with compliance to provide ad-hoc reporting and approvals when required
Series 7 and Series 66 – to be completed prior to or shortly after employment begins
· Knowledge of financial markets and products on a broad level, primarily centered around traditional investments (Equities, Fixed Income, etc.) as well as some understanding of alternative investments (Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Real Estate)
· Primary emphasis on knowledge of investment vehicles related to Private Bank clients such as mutual funds, ETFs, separately managed accounts, alternatives funds, limited partnerships, etc.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel and Power Point, and general tech proficiency and ability to pick up new software and concepts quickly