Citi Senior Control Officer – US Commercial Bank in New York, New York
Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
Other Location: United States,Texas,Irving
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Operations Credit Ops
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 16056378
Citi® Commercial Bank (CCB) is part of Citi, a leading global financial services company, which has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in over 160 countries and jurisdictions.
CCB embodies our unique purpose as a global bank of choice for trade-oriented, mid-sized companies who see us as trusted thought partners that bring simplicity in an increasingly complex world, client-centric solutions for long term growth and pave the way for them to reach across borders and achieve their global vision. The US CCB targets clients with revenues between $5M – $3B and support a range of financial solutions: term and working capital financing, treasury solutions, foreign exchange and trade services. The Business provides specialty lending including Loan Syndications, Asset-Based Lending, and Small Business Administration lending.
Citi Commercial Bank also has a robust International Banking program that promotes opportunities for U.S. clients to expand overseas and international businesses to expand into the U.S. It has operations in the U.S and over 30 countries with local expertise contributed by in-country commercial bankers. The dedicated Commercial Bank FX desk trades in over 100 currencies. Experienced Relationship Managers contribute to their customers' success by accessing Citi's world-class Domestic and International Services and expertise to solve problems and help clients' businesses grow. Citibank's products and services that support the Commercial market are targeted to the needs of medium-sized companies and include Lending, Cash Management, Trade, Foreign Exchange and Interest Rate Derivatives. CitiBusiness Online, Citibank's web-based banking platform, supports a full range of transaction and reporting capabilities in a secure environment.
This position is responsible for overseeing and managing several critical aspects of the US Commercial Bank’s regulatory and compliance control processes. The position operates within the CCB business and works closely with the Business, Compliance, Legal, and the second and third lines to ensure a strong and effective control environment is maintained, compliance and regulatory issues are identified and addressed in advance of any reviews, and the various attestations are coordinated properly with the process leaders. This position reports to the head of the US Commercial In-Business Control function.
• Liaising with Compliance, AML, Legal, and other SMEs on standards and regulatory interpretation and business capabilities to support and ensure an effective control and compliance environment
• Serving as CCB’s business representative on Citi-wide project teams that drive consent order/MRA initiatives (e.g., Enterprise-Wide Reviews (EWR), Trade Finance, privacy, etc.)
• Supporting strategy development for the U.S. CCB regulatory initiatives, determining business implications, and validating /vetting with key business stakeholders
• Assisting in the development and execution of training and communications efforts for a variety of stakeholders (in-business stakeholders, AML, Board, Audit, Regulators, Compliance, Segment Heads) related to Compliance and/or regulatory topics
• Embedding all regulatory related controls into CCB’s broader operational risk framework including Manager Control Assessment (MCA) and Key Operational Risk (KOR)/Key Risk Indicator (KRI) development
• Exam management, acting as the primary liaison for all regulatory, IA, and Compliance Testing reviews and activities
• Analyzing audit and regulatory results, control processes in assigned CCB segments, and MCA results to identify potential issues, leverage lessons learned and improve CCB’s U.S. regulatory compliance performance. This should include the opening of Corrective Action Plans (CAPs) where needed and ensuring effective closure.
• Managing the regulatory risk framework for the US CCB and reviewing results to assess control strength and develop and implement action plans to eliminate control risk
• Managing CCB’s implementation of other key regulatory initiatives such as FATCA and Common Reporting Standards (CRS)
• Supporting strategy and regulatory interpretation and integration into CCB of various compliance related initiatives including TRA, Volker, Anti-bribery and corruption, Dodd Frank, AML, privacy and all other relevant regulations and organizing the activity around all relevant attestations and coordinating timely completion with the process leaders and the US CCB Business Head
• Leading all regulatory and compliance related issue remediation activities across CCB and coordinating with U.S. and global partners, ensuring timely and effective completion
• Developing and managing the control and compliance oversight for all CCB products by partnering with ORM and the business as needed
• Supporting the development of the CCB committee structure and inter committee linkages and managing the ongoing process for the US CCB
• Managing the CCB change control process to ensure effectiveness of policy and regulatory change management
• Support CCB fraud and Op Loss management by acting as the primary point of contact for these 2 activities for CCB
• Minimum of 10+ years in compliance, control, audit, or similar roles
• BA degree in related field, advanced degree a plus
• Experience managing in large organizations
• Compliance and/or auditing experience a plus
• Knowledge of the commercial Bank and the commercial business
• Ability to navigate and effectively manage Citi’s complexities and globality
• Effectively operate as one team by working across the Global Consumer Bank to get the best outcome.
• Possess a franchise and strategic management mindset with a general manager orientation.
• Value personal growth through coaching and feedback.
• Be agile and willing to adjust and adapt quickly.
• Operate with curiosity and be open to new ideas.
• Exercise high degree of accountability and act with integrity.
• Courage to speak up with candor with ability to build trust by being open and direct.
• Bring passion to everything and provide inspirational leadership.
• Successful track record in developing a team and exceeding team sales goals
• Builds great teams, is a team player, builds strong partnerships
• Highly effective influencing and motivational skills