Amtrak Sr Engineer - 90207240 - New York in New York, New York
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
• Responsible for daily track inspections, oversight, and compliance to FRA and Amtrak MW-1000 standards in the NY Division. Provide guidance for track inspection by implementing mentoring and developmental programs for all track inspectors on the New York Division.
• Organize and supervise a team of track inspectors.
• Develop and coach track inspectors to comply with FRA and Amtrak standards.
• Field training of new and seasoned foremen.
• Provide guidance and oversight of track and project inspections, management and review of track inspection practices.
• Ensures all applicable policies and procedures are followed.
• Establish and monitor technical policies and ensure that procedures are practiced.
• Develop track inspection performance metrics to evaluate the performance of Track Inspectors, monitor the effectiveness of track inspection training, provide mentoring leadership to Amtrak’s Track Inspection Forces to foster technical growth and to develop Track Inspector skill sets to be capable of identifying root cause conditions, setting priorities for corrective work and recommending remedial actions in advance of service interruptions.
• Provide information identifying training and educational needs to be handled as part of Amtrak Engineering’s Foreman Training curriculum by Amtrak’s Training Department.
• Provides technical support on all Amtrak divisions for track inspection content, application, frequency, maintenance practices, policies, and standards and is Amtrak’s technical representative for all FRA track activities.
• Conduct periodic compliance audits and follow-up audits of inspection practices, track inspection records, and track. maintenance and production work to ensure quality and compliance with regulatory standards, policies and procedures.
• Periodically review, evaluate, and perform failure analyses relating to track infrastructure conditions and the effectiveness of track inspection activities making recommendations for improvements.
• Provide technical expertise to the design and development of new inspection technologies and reporting systems in the field. Assist in the training of Track Inspectors, Track Supervisors, and Field Managers in the use of Maximo for Basic and Advanced Compliance Management.
• Manage and update track standards, specifications, and practices on the track engineering wiki site of the Amtrak intranet.
• Demonstrated years of responsible railroad track construction experience on transit or freight rail projects, 2 years of which were on a major commuter rail project.
• MW1000, AMT-II, NORAC & NYD Physical Characteristics qualified.
• Qualified Track Inspector as defined by the Federal Railroad Administration – 49 CFR Part 213.305 (a), (b) and (c).
• Must have excellent knowledge of Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) regulations and applicable Federal laws pertaining to track construction and maintenance.
• Must possess valid driver’s license.
• Demonstrated experience in railroad track maintenance, construction, and inspection.
• Demonstrated excellent technical, professional engineering and communication skills commensurate with years of experience.
• Construction and maintenance experience of Class IV or above track.
• Working knowledge of engineering disciplines, B&B, C&S, ET, Track.
• Knowledge of and experience in FRA regulations.
• Experience in track inspection, inspector mentoring and training, and preparation of track inspection and required track reports.
• Self-starter who has ambition to grow and continue in career development.
• Effective oral and written communications skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, frequently changing environment.
• Ability to interact with all levels of employees, management, as well as internal and external customers.
• Industry expertise recognized by Class I, Short-line, Passenger, Commuter, and other agencies.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field is required or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, skills, knowledge, abilities and experience.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Requisition ID: 25004
Posting Location(s): New York
Personnel Area: NY05
Job Family/Function: Engineering
Relocation Offered: No
Education Requirements: Bachelors Degree
Travel Requirements: Up to 50%
Employment Experience Requirements: 5 - 7 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
POSTING NOTES: Engineering || Engineering