Olapic UX Designer in New York, New York
Olapic offers the leading visual marketing platform, enabling brands to integrate photos and videos from social networking sites such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr into their overall marketing strategy. The Olapic platform delivers the most flexible and robust solution for bringing visual, customer-generated content into commerce and marketing, reducing brand costs while increasing conversions and sales.
At Olapic, we place a premium on performance, efficiency, and innovation. We strive to put our customers first and rely on our technology as the cornerstone of our success.
Olapic is looking for an experienced User Experience Designer to join our growing design team. We are building out a design team to better understand users, improve existing products, and identify new opportunities. You’ll be part of a core team that will work from research to strategy to definition to production.
What you’ll be doing:
• You will own the end to end design of a product area including: defining the interaction design, information architecture, content strategy and visual design details.
• Help synthesize findings to ideate on solutions with researchers, product managers, and internal stakeholders.
• Team with other designers and researchers using qualitative and quantitative research methods to test existing products to identify gaps and usability issues, create a set of personas to help the company better understand its users and find new opportunities for growth.
• Evangelize design and the user’s perspective to help the larger organization develop a deeper understanding and empathy.
• Partner closely with product managers to make sure solutions meet business objectives and solve the right problems for our customers.
• Collaborate with the engineering team to work through technical feasibility and ensure design details don’t get lost.
What we’re looking for:
• Experience working collaboratively, in a team setting.
• You know which method and tools to use and what it takes to deliver something to market.
• Excellent critiquing skills.
• Experience in creating quick, clickable prototypes to test your ideas.
• Ability to think at a strategic level while simultaneously caring deeply about the design details.
• Must have an online portfolio of work featuring examples, case studies, and what you worked on specifically.