Citi Cash and Trade Process Manager in Newark, Delaware
Primary Location: United States,Delaware,Newark
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Job Function: Operations
Shift: Night Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 16060784
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/mission-and-value-proposition.html explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/leadership-standards.html explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
The functions of this business include Mailroom, Batching, Scanning, Dispatch and Data Entry for a variety of clients. A successful candidate manages the efforts of 15+ staff members who perform these tasks. Must be able to work most holidays and weekends, and successfully complete the background and Treasury File process.
• Primary responsibility for this position is to manage the daily production activities of the team including appropriate resource allocation, setting and reviewing performance goals, monitoring functional and shift-level metrics, ensuring all client SLA’s are met.
• Serve as the primary first point of escalation for staff members and internal and external clients.
• Responsible for managing a team of 15+ staff members that fluctuates based on seasonal volumes and temporary staff hiring.
• Setting individual performance plans, providing coaching and feedback through a formal review process including productivity and quality metrics, attendance metrics and development/training needs.
• Create and monitor appropriate metrics for the functional area, shift, and site. Ensure overall operating efficiency by maintaining standards for conduct, quality, performance and productivity and addressing corrective action when
• Regularly monitor quality reports and eliminate client-impacting defects through coaching and process redesign.
• Network/navigate within the organization in order to troubleshoot escalated issues and resolve.
• Identify opportunities to implement process improvements and expense-reduction enhancements.
• Actively lead Lean project teams, client projects, or other internal initiatives.
• Ensure communication with peers across shifts is frequent, maintained and consistent.
• Provide timely and accurate resolution to all issues.
• Within a strictly regulated environment, adhere to all departmental policies, client requirements, and compliance guidelines. Identify control deficiencies and implement appropriate procedures to mitigate any risk.
• Participate on client calls as needed.
• Serve as deputy for the Senior Transaction Services Manager as needed.
• Visible across site and businesses through participation in site-wide committees, councils and projects.
A demonstrated history of strong interpersonal skills and positive peer engagement experience in a diverse environment.
• Minimum 2 years supervisory experience required, in lockbox operations environment preferred.
• BS/BA or equivalent work experience required.
• Must have strong attention to detail and solid time management and organization skills
• Demonstrated ability to appropriately respond under pressure and effectively multi-task in a fast paced environment.
• Schedule flexibility as management team works 24/7 and meeting times vary.
• Intermediate Microsoft Office required.
• Strong and effective written and verbal communication skills across diverse audience and levels.
• Ability to provide leadership in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Ability to quickly grasp operational processes and understand training.
• Strong ‘influence management’ skills.
• Able to work weekends and holidays.
• Able to attend management meetings off-shift as needed.
• U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency (green card) is a prerequisite for this position.
• Must pass an extensive background check (renewed every 5 years).
• High School diploma or GED required Shift Hours: Third Shift 11:00 - 7:30 ; Tuesday through Saturday.