SAP Virtualization Engineer - SAP Cloud Infrastructure Services (CIS) Job in Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 126297
Work Area: Information Technology
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
As part of SAP Global Information Technology (SAP IT), Cloud Infrastructure Services (CIS) is a critical enabler of our business success by providing advanced and efficient IT solutions, technology and operational support to our internal clients. Supporting more than 50,000 users and thousands of SAP systems, it is responsible for SAP’s worldwide IT infrastructure and internal business applications.
The Cloud Platform Operations team is responsible for third level operation of virtualization technologies and infrastructure, to enable the SAP Converged Cloud, and to support the other teams within Cloud Infrastructure Services. To ensure full coverage of business demand, all new services, service improvements, and associated infrastructure are designed and operated along global standards in direct alignment with all relevant stakeholders. Within our team, we practice a trust-based working model. If you need to work flexibly from another location or at another time you can do so given your manager’s agreement.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
This position is designed to act as a highly skilled technology consultant in the area of Cloud Infrastructure Services with a focus on Cloud and Virtualization. The individual will be part of a virtualization team responsible for the conceptual design, configuration and operation of current and future solutions in the areas of virtualization and cloud technologies. There will be close interaction with all related SAP IT teams as well as with our customers.
• Conceptual design, configuration and operation of current and future solutions in the areas of virtualization and cloud technologies
• Drive innovation to optimize, automate and standardize the operational delivery processes
• Deliver and ensure high availability and stable operations
• Strong collaboration with Cloud Delivery Units and Service Centers of Global IT
• Strong alignment and close cooperation with customers and partners
• Apply advanced and broad levels of technical skills effectively in the implementation of infrastructure related projects
• Actively support the successful implementation of the converged cloud initiative
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Minimum 5 years technical experience with virtualization infrastructure and technologies
• Minimum 5 years technical experience with VMware vSphere suite
• 5 years practical experience in the area of data center infrastructure
• Practical experience with Openstack, automation and script development
• Comprehensive conceptual understanding of all major technology areas comprising virtual & cloud infrastructure (storage, networking, compute, and core software)
• In-depth knowledge of Linux or Windows operating systems
• In-depth knowledge of Cisco UCS hardware platform
• Extreme motivation and interest to embrace new technologies and learn new skills
• Excellent communication skills and ability to clearly express ideas in written and verbal form
• Comprehensive and effective task and project management
• Ability to coordinate multiple tasks or projects simultaneously
• Effective time management
• Able to translate business requirements into technical specifications
• Familiarity with KVM or Xen
• Knowledge of Cisco UCS hardware
• VCP, VCAP or VCDX certifications
• Knowledge of cloud technologies
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: C at mailto:Careers@sap.com firstname.lastname@example.org at mailto:email@example.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Additional Locations: No Selection