SAP VP Business Development Job in Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
Business Development VP leads a business unit to identify, evaluate and execute on important investment opportunities. Oversees the development and growth of profitable new business and develops and maintains effective strategic relationships. Accountable to ensure business growth through directing and managing business development activities to ensure they are delivered in accordance with the organizational strategy. Impacts the profitability of the company through strategic and tactical leadership decisions and new business development results for both Software and Cloud environments cross- industry and customer segment. Define our competitive advantage and establish the key reasons for customers and prospects to leverage cloud deployment models and other innovative technologies to achieve strategic business objectives
Area 1: Generate compelling business strategies/plans in collaboration with key lines of business and pursue innovative opportunities. Develop and lead the business development team in sourcing, managing and implementing new business opportunities. Presents a budget for board approval and prudently manages resources within budgetary guidelines.
Area 2: Contribute to the development and refinement of SAP's vision and strategy. Support the process of management and corporate decision- making to ensure the organization maximizes it short, medium, and long term profitability and shareholder returns. Provide senior executive level leadership on leveraging new business development strategies and business plans throughout an assigned market/ sub-region. Provide leadership to all levels of the organization including, regional and local executive teams.
Area 3: Liaise with other executive heads on the implementation of strategic and operational plans. Develop, review, and report on business development strategy ensuring strategic objectives are well understood and executed by the team. Lead a team (directly and indirectly) to identify, evaluate and execute on important investment opportunities including 3 rd party partnership negotiations and defining contractual obligations.
Competencies & Skills / How We Run
Go here at https://portal.wdf.sap.corp/irj/go/km/docs/corporate_portal/Human%20Resources%20for%20SAP/Career%20Development/Global/Skills%20Database/Scales.doc to see explanations of the scales (1-4) for each Competency type.
Please also refer to How We Run at https://portal.wdf.sap.corp/go/culture in the SAP Portal
Please refer to the Skills Database at https://portal.wdf.sap.corp/go/skillsdatabase
SAP Competencies at https://portal.wdf.sap.corp/irj/go/km/docs/corporateportal/Human%20Resources%20for%20SAP/Career%20Management/Skills%20Database/CompetencyFrameworkEnglishVersion.pdf
- Customer Focus
- Business Acumen
- Innovative Thinking
SAP Employee Competencies
- Challenge Complexity
- Change Agility
- Intercultural Sensitivity
- IT Principles & Data Security
- Partner & Third Party Engagement
- Quality Focus
- Teamwork & Collaboration
SAP Leadership Principles
- Drive Simplicity
- Develop Amazing Talent
- Ensure Customer Success
You can find more information about Leadership Principles by visiting
Leadership Principle portal page.
Job Specific Competencies & Skills
- Business Planning
- Presentation Skills
- Knowledge of Markets & Competitors
- Project Management
- Organization Effectiveness
- Negotiation Skills
Experience & Educational Requirement
Experience & Language Requirements
- Senior leadership experience (15 years) significant international experience driving complex and leveraging revenue topics. Significant experience in a variety of disciplines and a strong record of achievement in strategy development, execution and business development. Extensive experience in more than one of the following backgrounds: Enterprise Software, Industry Operations or Corporate Development, Experience in Cloud in the B2B environment. Preferred candidates will have 5 years of previous work experience within Record of building strong customer relationships. Capable of leading and influencing at the senior executive level and working well with customer or partner executives globally. Fluency in English, any other language an asset. Fluency in the language of local markets desirable. Understanding of cloud, Hosted Services, and SaaS/ PaaS models, cloud -based commerce/ business networks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Mathematics, Engineering or Computer Science required from an accredited university. MBA or advanced degree in related discipline preferred.
Professional Training & Certification
Potential Next Vertical Career Step:
Potential Next Cross-Functional Career Steps:
Business Development Chief Expert
Marketing Operations Senior Manager
Internal Strategic Consulting Senior Manager
Solution Advisor Senior Manager
Section B – Board Area / LoB Additional Information (Optional)
Board Area / LoB specific Responsibilities, Competencies & Skills
Key Areas of Responsibility and Tasks
Please enter minimum 5 Responsibilities (if appropriate)
Additional Competencies & Skills
Board Area / LoB specific Key Success Factors