IDEXX FT Day Laboratory Assistant I in North Grafton, Massachusetts
The Laboratory Assistant Iis responsible for basic laboratory tasks; cleaning, record keeping to meet goals.
_This is a full-time, day shift position. Schedule is 8:30am-5pm Monday through Friday, with some Saturday work as needed._
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Check inventory of supplies, stock shelves and maintain order in the stockroom.
- Device assembly for R&D; experiments.
- Ability to run tests according to a provided experimental protocol with minimal supervision.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reliable and dependable attendance is an essential function of the position. Adherence to attendance-related policies and expectations is critical to this position.
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. is a leader in pet healthcare innovation, serving practicing veterinarians around the world with a broad range of diagnostic and information technology-based products and services. IDEXX products enhance the ability of veterinarians to provide advanced medical care, improve staff efficiency and build more economically successful practices. IDEXX is also a worldwide leader in providing diagnostic tests and information for livestock and poultry and tests for the quality and safety of water and milk. Headquartered in Maine, IDEXX Laboratories employs more than 6,000 people and offers products to customers in over 175 countries.
- A high school diploma with 12 months of relevant experience is required.
- Familiarity with the scientific method is preferred.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to observe and document experimental results is required.
*PHYSICAL DEMANDS: *
- Standing and sitting for long periods of time.
- Use hand, fingers and arms to handle objects, tools and controls.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Must occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, color vision and the ability to adjust and focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT:Laboratory Environment.
**No unsolicited Employment Agency resumes are accepted.
Job: Reference Lab Operations
Primary Location: Americas-United States-Massachusetts-North Grafton MA
Overtime Status: Non-exempt
Job Posting: Sep 30, 2016, 10:36:46 AM
Req ID: 10129179-20160928