Citi Loss Mitigation Specialist 2 SAFE Act NRZ - O'Fallon, MO in O'Fallon, Missouri
Primary Location: United States,Missouri,O'fallon
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Job Function: Operations
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 16050668
At Citi, we’ve been tackling the world’s toughest challenges and seizing its greatest opportunities for over 200 years. The financial solutions we create for our clients achieve outcomes that truly shape communities, businesses and the larger world of finance.
Achievements with impact: that’s what drives us. How about you?
We are looking for highly motivated, energetic and dedicated individuals to fill the role of Loss Mitigation Specialists for our Home Owner Assistance Team. These roles are fast-paced, and challenging positions that relies on the ability to think and react quickly, formulate creative solutions to pressing problems, and serve clients with dedication.
On a day-to-day basis here is what our Loss Mitigation Specialists will be called to provide:
• Heavy phone usage receiving calls/calling attorneys and receiving calls from customers.
• Make determinations as to strength of mortgagor income situation to determine other potential resolutions such as: Modification, Full Payoff, Short Sale, and Reinstatement. Document accounts with written summaries explaining reason for default and additional resolution possibilities.
• Will be responsible for communicating options to customers that may be sensitive (for example: only option available to customer is to sell their home)
• Will be responsible for collecting mortgage payments as appropriate
• Work directly with third parties to coordinate in-flow of new repayment plans and outflow of litigation referrals.
• Work with Loss Mitigation unit managers as to any other projects in process, as needed.
NOTE The information listed within this description summary is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive account of all the responsibilities, and/or minimum qualifications required of an employee assigned to this position.
We find that in order to be successful in these roles Loss Mitigation Specialist's should have:
• High School Diploma/GED or equivalent required
• Minimum 2 years of mortgage industry experience preferred.
• Loss mitigation/collections experience preferred.
• Previous experience handling high volume office documentation required.
• Previous call center experience preferred.
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook required.
• Strong communication, organizational and negotiation skills.
• Knowledge of collection laws.
• Knowledge of CACS, DRI and Citilink operating systems a plus.
• Utilize all available tools and technology to document customer files within established procedures.
• Requires excellent communication skills and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.