Citi Mortgage Operational Risk Manager in O'Fallon, Missouri
Primary Location: United States,Missouri,O'fallon
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Bus Strategy, Planning & Admin
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 16061175
• Manages projects, analyzes processes & controls, and manages data quality. Evaluates risk and return measures/reports and interprets results
• Possesses strong institutional knowledge, with particular understanding of US Retail Bank Policy, Procedure, and Practice. Knowledgeable of different markets, products, strategies, analytical tools, financial and risk databases and associated risks.
• Manage Operational Readiness and KRI quality
• Work as a Challenger when developing risk indicators to ensure the correct measures are built
• Identify gaps in existing risk coverage and work to develop indicators to close those gaps
• Manage existing risk indicators to ensure they are still applicable. Work to monitor changes in the risk profile and to modify risk measures where appropriate
• Possesses strong institutional knowledge, with particular understanding the CBORC KOR Program, Procedure, and Practice
• Assesses the spectrum of risks and how those risks arise from all new product offerings for respective coverage groups
• Identifies reputational risk and its operational /financial cause/effects. Manages situations that create risk and legal liabilities for Citi
• Knowledgeable about risk systems infrastructure including key processes, coverage and data flows in order to identify risk effectively
• Anticipates and responds to client needs
• Uses tools and techniques to effectively identify and assess trends and risks
• Makes decisions in a timely manner, balancing a need for action with a need for analysis
• Identifies issues and outlines scope. Probes beyond symptoms to determine the underlying causes of problems
• Develops goals and executes strategies within a department
• Oversees and reviews recommendations (consumer, issuer, acquirer and vendor) and proposed by analysts’ recommendations to ensure appropriate risk management
• In a manager role, effectively leads and develops others; provides candid and honest feedback on an on-going basis
• In an individual contributor role, functions as a lead contributor with significant knowledge of area of specialization and significant exposure to broad department activities.
• Understands and reviews risk processes to ensure the execution of the documentation needed to protect the bank’s reputation and economic capital
• Institutes measures for strong control environment for business/product group.
• Takes a proactive approach in managing risk as appropriate
• Manages control structure through effective use of the Managers Control Assessment
• Understands businesses processes, risks and can identify control issues
• Understands the Internal Audit process
• Supports diversity by actively building and cultivating strong connections and partnerships across the business/region.
• Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred
• Minimum of 5 years of operational or credit risk management. Previous track record that demonstrates successful operational or credit risk management experiences including working on cross functional, strategic initiatives.
• Strong leadership, interpersonal, influence, negotiation, organization & communication skills.
• Ability to influence senior business and technology leaders.
• Ability to coordinate and manage across various business segments and technology disciplines.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio