Citi Operational Risk Analyst - Quality Control Team Lead in O'Fallon, Missouri
Primary Location: United States,Missouri,O'fallon
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Risk Management
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 16068602
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The Quality Control Team Lead is an AML/KYC control role within the Global Consumer Bank NAM CBSU. The role is responsible for managing a team of QC analysts to measure the completeness and accuracy of the CBSU KYC profiles. The team will consist of 7 analysts located in O’Fallon The results from this team get reported directly to the Managers and Team Leads and requires a solid understanding of quality measurement processes and a good grasp of KYC operational process details.
• Build and lead a team of 7 Quality Control analysts to execute the CBSU Quality program
• The role will interact with QC functions in other sites and present results to Operations Managers, Team LeadsEnsure the quality of KYC profiles submitted by various CBSU Operations teams is at an acceptable standard per corporate policy and regulatory expectation
• Possess the managerial capability to hire, develop and retain a staff of QC analysts
• Develop a solid set of MIS and reporting to inform management of key trends, opportunities and issues. Reporting from this group gets shared on a monthly basis with the head of the US Retail business, the heads of both Risk Management and the AML CBSUMaintain solid relationships with peers in Compliance, the Global Project Office, CBSU Operations, Business Operations and Operational Risk teams
• Meet established daily targets for CitiKYC review and completion within Service Level Agreement timeframes.
• Escalate any business, control or regulatory issues expeditiously
Experience / Skills:
• 5-7 years of experience in control, quality, risk, compliance, AML or audit roles. Banking related roles is a strong plus.
• Management experience
• Bachelor degree in Business administration, Economics, Engineering or related field. Strong ability to work with various internal constituents
• Proficient use of Microsoft Applications Package (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, etc.).
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent accuracy and strong attention to detail.
• Good organizational skills - ability to multitask and prioritize.
• Knowledge of local regulatory KYC/AML requirements.
• Knowledge and experience of the technologies and processes used in Citi.