HCA, Hospital Corporation of America RN PRN - Adult Medicine Specialty Unit in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
RN - Registered Nurse - PRN Adult Medicine Specialty Requires minimum of one (1) year acute care RN experience
/The Adult Medicine Specialty Unit is comprised of patients with disease processes such as Respiratory Failure, Heart Failure, Liver Failure, Gastrointestinal Disorders, Glycemic Control issues, and other acute or chronic disease processes. The average length of stay for patients admitted to this unit is approximately 5 days. The nurse to patient ratio is 1:5 on the general floor and 1:3 in the glycemic/step-down units. /
Under general supervision, provides nursing care to a variety of patients with health problems ranging from simple to complex.
*Shift Requirement – 24 hours in a schedule *Float Requirement – Within single service line *Weekend Requirement – As determined by department leadership *Holiday Requirement – 1major; 1 minor
* * *Provides a flexible workforce to supplement the inpatient nursing units on the campus.
* Obtains a limited history and assessment documenting such things as chief complaint, allergies, current medications and the immunization status of patients.
* Assists physician in the examination of patients and in performing minor diagnostic procedures and treatments.
* When necessary, will assist the front desk with appointments and discharges. * Assists with coordinating hospital admissions from the clinic and/or transferring patients.
* Administer medication as prescribed.
Physical Requirements (with or without accommodation):
* Requires frequent bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and sufficient manual dexterity to operate therapeutic equipment.
* Must be able to stand for long periods at a time.
* Good mental and physical health to work for long periods of time in a stressful atmosphere.
**Education: *Graduate of an approved school of nursing. **Experience *1 year acute care RN experience **Licensure: *Possession of a valid temporary license or permanent license issued by the
* *Oklahoma State Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse prior to entrance on duty. Permanent license must be obtained within 3 months of appointment.
Title: RN PRN - Adult Medicine Specialty Unit
Location: Oklahoma-Oklahoma City-OU Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00322-22160