Convergys Payment Service Representative in Olathe, Kansas
Payment Service Representative
The Customer Support Associate I position interfaces with customers via inbound calls, outbound calls, or through the Internet depending upon client requirements. This position provides customer service support and resolution of routine problems regarding client's product or services.
WE ARE GROWING! And we want YOU to be a part of our energetic Convergys team! At Convergys you will find yourself surrounded by fun, outgoing coworkers and supportive managers who actually care about you and want to see you succeed. Let your career bloom and apply today!
Dimension & Scope:
· Interface with customers via inbound calls for the purpose of collecting funds on past due accounts.
· Perform duties to recover delinquent funds owed to clients and take action to move accounts towards current or balance in full.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Maintain documentation and accurate records to contribute to regulatory compliance and department efficiency.
· Minimize return checks and debtor/customer complaints.
· Motivate customer to pay outstanding balance in full or determine appropriate payment arrangement, as directed by client.
· Evaluate customer responses, including requests for special payment arrangements.
· Investigate customer claims of improper billing, billing disputes, other responsible parties, etc.
· Collect balance in full or establish appropriate partial payment arrangements; follow-up on broken promises of payment.
· Perform all duties in compliance with Client and Company work standards and policies.
· Refer all disputed accounts/sensitive telephone calls to Supervisor or Manager.
· Perform appropriate due diligence contact requirements on customer accounts according to Client’s work standards.
· Maintain documentation of all correspondence or conversations regarding delinquent accounts.
· Maintain client requirements in regards to call volume and handle time.
Education & Professional Certifications:
· High school diploma or equivalent experience.
· Previous customer service experience helpful but not required.
· Knowledge of state and federal regulations governing debt collection and the ability to apply judgment to collection decisions
· Knowledge of basic computer operations
· Calculator and data entry skills
· Willingness to rotate shifts, as needed.
· Ability to learn
· Courteous with strong customer service orientation
· Dependable with proficient attention to detail
· Good listening and responding skills.
· Must be flexible with the ability to adapt to changes quickly and think conceptually.
· Possess insight into self and others.
· Solid problem solving skills
· Willingness to work in a highly structured environment.
USA, Olathe, KS
Who We Are
At Convergys, our mission is to set the standard in our industry through unparalleled care for our clients, customers & people.
For our clients, this means our 125,000 team members wake up every day united by a common goal: helping our clients maintain exceptional relationships with their customers.
For our people, this means a commitment to each other to accomplish great things, build careers, and have some fun along the way!
Build Your Career With Convergys
When you become part of our team, you join 125,000 talented people around the world who represent some of today’s leading brands. At Convergys, one of our values is to "Grow As a Team." It's in our DNA to prioritize teamwork and develop our people. By working together, we achieve great things for clients and create opportunities to build rewarding careers. You can be part of that when you join our team. And it's all at your fingertips!
Watch the video below to hear from some of our employees around the world as they talk about what it means to be part of the Convergys team.
Convergys has careers available in 31 countries at 150+ locations.
Establish your career with a company that has locations across the world. You can grow personally and professionally - and make a difference for customers and for the communities where we live and work.