Washington State DSHS Community Facility Operational Administrator in Olympia, Washington
DSHS Community Facility Operational Administrator
The Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) Health Services, Juvenile Rehabilitation is seeking an experienced, highly-motivated, individual to provide vision, leadership, coordination and strategic planning for excellence within the Community Facilities. In this role, you will responsible for juvenile justice programming, monitoring evaluations and administration of the eight Rehabilitation Community Facilities statewide.
The Community Facilities are located in each of the JR regions and provide step down and re-entry opportunities to minimum security youth serving JR residential sentences.
The Community Facility Operational Administrator will:
- Lead the Rehabilitation Community Facilities program with strategic guidance and vision for providing normative activities, rehabilitation and transformative community –based reentry services
- Be responsible for implementation of all programs, policies and operations for the JR Community Facilities;
- Develop new opportunities for regional and community access and rehabilitative programming and assess existing programs for consistency and effectiveness;
- Develop goals and objectives, systems of accountability and regular reporting expectations related to: case management, Supervision, Treatment, Education and employment outcomes;
- Exercise supervision over personnel and budget for the Community Facilities;
- Implement reforms designed to improve operations throughout the department designed to improve safety for youth and workers;
- Create and maintain a partnership with key community leaders and organization to support the work of the administration;
- Design foundational benchmarks and metrics into continuum initiative to support strategic objectives.
Who should apply? Professionals with a Bachelor's Degree (Master's degree preferred) with a major study in one of the social services/sciences and seven years of social service management experience. Three years of supervisory experience is needed.
Complete applications will include the following:
- Cover Letter
- Current Resume
- Three Professional References
Some of what we're looking for
- Proven experience in residential and/or community juvenile justice programs including management and supervision of staff and programs serving youth
- Knowledgeable in applying, developing and determining the agency's implementation of policy
- Experience in managing of large statewide projects
- Excellent public speaking and written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of juvenile justice laws, superior court processes, county juvenile court services, chemical dependency services and different dispositions alternatives
- Knowledge of personnel and critical event investigations procedures and of policy, rule and law related to personnel investigations
- Experience working with a diverse set of community partners and stakeholders involved in serving children and adolescents. Supplemental Information
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 16-80 YW23
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $76,321.00 - $95,401.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA