Washington State DSHS Confidential Secretary in Olympia, Washington
DSHS Confidential Secretary
This job provides advanced administrative and executive level support to the Exempt Division Director of the Community Services Division (CSD) in the Economic Services Administration.
Some of what you'll do
- Directs, coordinates, monitors, and ensures completion of major assignments to the Division. Through coordination with the Regional Administrators and headquarters management team, prepares professional, high-quality responses, ensuring timeliness and completeness of submission. Facilitates work on behalf of the Director and resolves issues that are within the Director's scope of responsibility. Assists with complex and highly confidential issues, projects, programs and personnel matters.
- Acts as liaison between the Director and professional staff. Delegates work to professional subordinates to comply with schedules and priorities of the Director. Uses independent judgment in determining who should complete assignments and in setting deadlines for assignments. Provides assistance, guidance, and recommendations to division staff regarding assignments keeping within the Director's priorities. Assures that assignments are completed timely. Authorizes exceptions and extensions to due dates when necessary.
- Coordinates review and submission of personnel paperwork which includes Exempt, Washington Management Service and Washington General Service. Reviews for accuracy and completeness, and submits documents for the Director's consideration. Submits Director-approved items to the Assistant Secretary for consideration. Tracks entire process from initial receipt through request completion. Maintains electronic files at each state of the process for tracking purposes and coordinates with Division staff as appropriate.
Professionals who have following experience should apply: One year as an Administrative Assistant 4 OR Two years as an Administrative Assistant 3 OR A Bachelor's degree in business administration, public administration or closely allied field, three years of administrative or supervisory experience.
Additional qualifying experience may substitute for education on a year for year basis. Graduate study may substitute for up to two years of experience on a year for year basis.
Completed applications will include the following:
- A letter of interest describing your experience related to this job
- A current detailed resume
- Three professional references
- A writing sample
What we're looking for
- Self-starter with the proven ability to anticipate executive needs, work well in stressful situations, and respond appropriately to emergencies.
- Ability to exercise professional judgment and work with sensitive, public policy, and personnel issues while maintaining confidentiality.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to quickly compose written correspondences on behalf of the Director and the Division.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work for self, balance workload, meet short deadlines, and work independently or cooperatively in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail.
- Experience preparing high level documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and creating charts, graphs, and tables.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret complex discussions and independently compose clear, accurate, and concise notes. Supplemental Information
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 16-184 DV59
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 11/2/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $41,700.00 - $60,000.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA