Washington State Medical Assistance Specialist 3 (MACSC) in Olympia, Washington
Medical Assistance Specialist 3 (MACSC) Full-Time, Non-Permanent with opportunity for permanent Candidate Pool * *Olympia, WA
The Health Care Authority (HCA) is Washington's largest health care purchaser, responsible for providing comprehensive health coverage to more than 2 million residents through the Public Employees Benefits and Medicaid programs. The agency provides health purchasing leadership, benefiting both public and private sectors with a focus on moving the health delivery system away from volume toward higher value and better outcomes.
The Olympia office is located in downtown Olympia, within walking distance of shops, restaurants, bus lines, and less than one (1) mile from the freeway.
This announcement is for ongoing recruitment for multiple open positions as Medical Assistance Specialist 3 in the Medical Assistance Customer Service Center section
The Washington State Health Care Authority is looking for professional customer service representatives to join their team and assist providers, clients, and other external and internal customers with a variety of services. The qualified candidates will work independently to determine scope of care in regards to medical benefits, enroll Medicaid clients into managed care plans, and resolve technical problems involving clients, agencies, and carriers or providers. They must also researcher and resolve complex complaints, problems and conflicts. This role is vital in supporting HCA's mission of providing quality services that enhance our clients' ability to obtain and access health care. If you are experienced in providing excellent customer service we encourage you to apply.
This position will perform the following work:
- Independently analyze records, cases, and situations and make timely, accurate decisions in providing expert consultation to customers via the client and provider toll-free lines, written correspondence, and email.
- Counsels callers on changes in policy, provider billing instructions, and ProviderOne text files to promote better understanding of policy and laws.
- Serves on special project assignments as needed with the objective of improving access to medical services and health care, efficiency in client toll-free phone system and service issues.
- Identifies and works in cooperation with other HCA staff to resolve ProviderOne and Siebel system issues, make photocopies, and prepare information to customers regarding medical assistance programs, services and billing policies.
A Bachelor's degree
Three years of experience performing the following duties:
- Researching and analyzing complex rules, regulations, or policies.
- Utilizing research and analysis to make determinations, solve problems, or complete work.
- Providing direct customer service either in person or via the telephone.
*Mandatory work schedule of 8:30AM – 5:30PM.
- Computer skills, knowledge of ACES, ProviderOne, Siebel, and knowledge of Medicaid programs.
- Ability to consistently provide excellent customer service during a full shift of continuous phone calls within a toll free customer service center.
- Ability to manage information arising out of conflicting rules and procedures that are established by other sections over which you have no control (i.e. a program withdraws a benefit which results in phone inquiries to MACSC form affected providers).
- Ability to manage stress arising out of diverse conflicts and the demands of customers to provide the correct resolution of issues within a short period of time.
- Ability to counsel and placate customers' expectations when they are different from the policy and regulations under WAC.
Please Note the Following:
This position is covered by a union shop provision. Therefore, as a condition of employment, candidates who are appointed are required to become members of the WFSE, or arrange to pay to that union a fee equivalent to its regular monthly dues. The union shop provision shall be effective on the first day of the month following the employee's initial 30 days in this classification.
How to Apply:
Failure to follow the application instructions below may lead to disqualification
To apply for this position you will need to complete the application in full within http://careers.wa.gov and attach to your profile before completion:
- A cover letter
- Current resume (Not a substitute for the completed application)
- Three professional references
Only candidates who reflect the minimum qualifications on their State application will be considered. Resumes not accepted in lieu of application.
If you have questions about the process, or need assistance, please contact the recruiter listed below before the posting closes. The candidate pool certified for this recruitment may be used to fill future similar vacancies for up to the next six months.
For inquiries about this position, please contact Ryan Dahlstromat 360-725-0945 or email to email@example.com.
**Persons under final consideration for initial appointment with HCA are subject to a background check.
Washington State is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may call the Human Resources Office at 360.725.0945 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-03229
Department: Health Care Authority
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $35,100.00 - $45,684.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA